It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

If there isn't a unique variant called the Moneyshot, I'll be very disappointed.

That said, the trailer does show what appears to be a 9mm pistol attached to a small tank of fluid. I suspect acid- or poison-laced bullets.

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hmm theres never enought mad science in a FO game, and that seems to be the perfect time to add such a gun! which reminds me of the tesla coil you can put on the power armour... I wish it was more actual Tesla, I remember it being a bit underwhelming.

3. Jonesy

Haven't tried it, since I've mostly been sticking to the jet pack. I did put a similar thing on Ada, which while still underwhelming does seem to be somewhat effective.

Corraidhín likes this.
  4. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

If you want more radio stations in fallout 4 i highly reccomend old world radio boston and existence 2.0.
    Also go check out west vault radio, its a fan made podcast set in the fallout universe.

I now have an entire settlement filled with mirelurks and melons.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
  5. Jonesy

Things I did in Fallout 4 today:
    1. Ran out of ammo for my shotgun in the middle of a fight with a Courser, which has been what's sustained me against high-level enemies since Far Harbor. Good thing my other guns still have plenty of ammo, but not all of them are as effective as I'd like. I've been experimenting with manufacturing extra shotgun ammo, but it may be more resource-efficient to simply use another gun for a while.
    2. Took a vertibird to Murkwater while under the effects of Berry Mentats (+5 Intelligence and highlights NPCs) to respond to an attack. I landed in the middle of the night into a three-way battle between my settlers (plus the settlement defenses and Trashcan Carla's caravan), a horde of super mutants and the sentry bot that periodically respawns nearby. There was also the respawning Mirelurk Queen and one random raider dead when I got there, and an insect that spawns nearby that decided to try and get in on the fight (dying almost immediately). It became one hell of slog, with the super mutants tanking hits like nobody's business while visibility was ruined by the darkness, the blur effect of the Nerd Rage perk and the Berry Mentats glitching out by showing highlights were there weren't any enemies. But I still won.
    3. Had a four-way battle at a checkpoint. This time it was between the Minutemen garrison, synth attackers, super mutants from both a random encounter and a neighboring camp, and some raiders who were in the area for some reason. I also won, but admittedly died the first time around.
    4. Met a ghoul merchant I'd never come across before. After meeting dozens of ghouls throughout his adventures, my character still had the option to ask "What are you?!" in horror.

Chrillzilla and Corraidhín like this.
  6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Dang, thats quite an adventure! I ve heard a lot of people favour plasma weapons over lasers and the more conventional shell/bullet weapons due to sheer firepower. That glitch sure sounds like the chemicals were dulling your senses!

7. Jonesy

Funny, I haven't bothered with energy weapons very much since ballistic weapons have much more common ammo. I'll have to see what legendary plasma weapons I have in storage, and see if I have enough ammo to last a while. I've been hoarding it most of the game, after all. Worst case scenario, I have a two-shot laser rifle that I know I have lots of ammo for.

8. Chrillzilla

Chrillzilla Big Damn Hero

Today i wandered into the combat zone. The guards should have made me suspicious but after entering and reading the rules i thougt to give it a try. Looked interesting and i was about to order a drink. Maybe they noticed Strong or i misunderstood somethin *cough* but someone shouted all of a sudden 'who let him in?' and i thougt 'whom?' and then the bullets were raining in. cleaned the whole place up but what a ruckus about some cage fight i surely could have enjoyed after the rabid hordes of the wasteland.
    Tried to get on the 'Trail' after that but just ran from one nest of gunners into another pack of mirelurks/raiders/whatnot.
    Pulled back, leaving behind some smoked out buildings and rescuing my second t-45. Yay!
    Returned to a broken up fight with some synths and discovered they were just the backing of a raiding party in a fight with (yup) raiders. Welcome Fusion cores.
    While checking out the surrounding area, there was a trailer in sight. Who might live there on the hill? I dunno, but the inhabitant left a gun turret and a sentry bot behind... oh hell no.
    Was having a hard time with the two or three assaultrons i stumbled upon, having a good idea how to handle them (if they don't vaporize me with their death-ray) but this fella felt overpowered. Until the Radscorpion draw his attention and after some beating from strong and my shotgun, had to cool down. Big relief i didn't get caught up in the explosion and scavenged the next bunch of FCs.
    Not evenn near the epic journey of yours but i had quite a nice day. And earned some respect from my companion. Plus some near-monologue about sharing and killing. If nothing else, that alone was worth the blood.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Jonesy likes this.
  9. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

It really sucks that my Fallout 4 copy finally decided to go kaputzky the other day.

Halfway through building my dream settlement and BAM, game dies and never starts up again. After my game died, I tried to reinstall it to see if that would fix it....Turns out the installer was corrupted as well.

Because of the fact that I might never be able to play FO4 ever again, I had no other choice....

20160820184921_1.jpg

10. Jonesy

I really wish there was a mod that let me adopt Small Bertha. She and her laconic brother have clearly been abandoned with the dregs of Far Harbor, and yet she's far more community-minded than other Harbormen older than her. Moving them to Sanctuary to live with...

Synth Shaun

... under the Minutemen would be awesome. That, or Old Longfellow takes her under his wing.

That's rough. Is this on PC?

11. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Does anyone know about a mod that adds weapon durability to fallout 4?

12. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

It is indeed on PC.

13. Chrillzilla

1.: First character is whole gunner/sniper, collecting more powerful guns, it gets easier every day. And because of strong who pulls a lot of heat away, plus avoiding too well armed and crowded opposition.
    2.: As i don't use PA until strong is my very best friend, i collected quite an amount of FCs again. Combined but unmodified (except found already modded parts) armor serves me well SINCE i started to pick the damage resist perks. Should have done that earlier as it seems to significantly improve my survivability. Learned something again!
    Returning to long not visited places like corvega plant and other raider/gunner/ghoul areas, i managed to do some nice gun-runs with a silenced 10mil. Feels great to cut through them with that small piece in comparison to first attempts with heavy guns and much more pannicking and hiding.

edit: Super Mutant Suiciders who come in from a dead angle are a pain.
    edit2: Strong frightens me a little. He does some maniacal damage with a spiked board, splatters even other super mutants all over the place. Myself has to rely on Critical damage and high powered rifles to have a similar effect. Scary guy, lucky me he's on my side.
    edit3: raiders shouldn't use the fatman, but they do. Molerats shouldn't give me heartattacks when they pop out in front of me, but they do.
    I met the Captain. Ironsides called out and i jumped to his side. YARR! Hillarious quest that i will fully enjoy. Nearly falling off the chair when Captain calls the first mate to use 'the accent'.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Jonesy likes this.
  14. Jonesy

So, I've had another go at my survival mode character, and the more I play the less I like it. Tried going north, and got killed by a pack of low-level dogs. Tried going south, and got killed by a pack of low-level ghouls. Went to Concord, and died several times before finally killing the raiders at the Museum... only to have my exitsave corrupt, and wipe out an hour's progress. As much as I want to enjoy it, survival mode simply makes the game far too tedious to be remotely enjoyable anymore.

Chrillzilla likes this.
  15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I remember that youtuber I used to watch for his playthru of FO4, he had listed the pros and cons of survival and... it was mostly negatives; putting weight on ammo was an interesting idea, but did they really keep the narcoleptic "save on sleep only" kind of thing? I cant remember all the details, but it really looked like a bad bunch of rotten ideas scrambled together into a nightmarish breakfast.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  16. Chrillzilla

read a steam-review yesterday that included commentary on why survival is not a good mode. But presented an alternative, a mod that alters gunfight/damage to a degree that makes it hard but enjoyable. He failed to tell the name but eventually you'd like to search for that one insteaad of getting killed by stray dogs.

Btw, i came up with a thought about a week or two ago. Pre war society in Fallout was at least special i would say, but in fallout i got the picure of a totally corrupt and broken business sector at least. There are so many companies that do weird, unfunctional and illegal stuff. Dumping waste, smuggling, murder... maybe i got it wrong but most companies that offer some recordings from mid-late 2077, seem rotten to the core. I asked myself how they managed to get ANYthing done properly at all (hallucigen i.E.). Do i get it wrong or has the presentation of pre war States become far worse compared to earlier fallout?

@Jonesy Campsite mod, and a lot of damage mods.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  17. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I hate how you cant take any dlc companions back to the mojave in new vegas.

Jonesy likes this.
  18. Jonesy

I had a dream about Nuka World last night. Or, rather, some sort of DLC. Definitely wasn't set in a theme park. More like a pastoral countryside littered with high-tech mansions. There was a country club of some sort that reminded me of the hotel from Far Harbor, but otherwise I can't remember much.

Also, is anyone else annoyed by Radstags being hostile? They're supposed to be neutral animals, but NPCs gun them down mercilessly. I came across a provisioner who crippled the legs of a yearling, and I just had to put the poor thing out of its misery. But then Ada guns down another, quipping "That was amusingly simple." Might have to get the Animal Friend perk sometime.

General Nuclear and Chrillzilla like this.
  19. Jonesy

MFW 20 minutes after Nuka World launches I realize I have to reboot Steam in order to start the download.

[​IMG]

Edit: Also...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  20. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

So Jonesy, is Nuka World worth the money?

General Nuclear likes this.