Modding Help Issues with modifying basic inventory functionality.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by noobsqoou, Jan 21, 2017.

1. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

So I was looking around the unpacked assets, and in the player.config file I found the filters that whitelist/blacklist items into certain inventory tabs by type, tag, and category. Looking to loosen my backpack without downloading overcomplicated mods that would eventually be abandoned, I simply removed all the filters so all five tabs could hold any and all of the items I pick up.

However, this resulted in an interesting problem. When grabbing an item from a storage unit, the selection would flicker back and forth between the "main" tab and the "food" tab at framerate speed. Trying to place the item in my inventory would cause it to go into a seemingly random tab.

My questions:

1. Why the hell is it flicking between tabs that fast and how do I stop it?
    2. Is it possible to add soft filters (graylists?) that will try to send picked up items into their main tab first but use other tabs if there's no room?
    3. Is there a way to get a comprehensive list of all the item types, tags, and categories?

Please keep in mind that I'm not interested in downloading mods, no matter how wonderful they are. I just want to change as little as possible and only by going into the unpacked assets and changing things myself. If that can't be done, that's fine -- just tell me and I'll live with it.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

From your description it is hard to determine if you even made the mod properly to be honest.

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I think the easiest solution is to simply expand the size of each inventory tab. Someone in this thread figured out how to do it.

noobsqoou likes this.