Issues surrounding hotfix 2 for Enraged Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Michelle911

Michelle911 Orbital Explorer

backups are always a good thing

class101 likes this.
  2. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So if I backed up my ship and world data post hotfixes ( I was at work so hadn't played ) and I have just logged in and my ship locker and a bunch of chests are MIA.
    If I restore the data from the backups once the next hotfix is in they should still be there right?
    Data for the "missing" locker and items still be in the backup?
    Files last accessed at around 8pm GMT+8 yesterday, but saved today AFTER the hotfixes downloaded, but before playing

EDIT: Wow. sorry this post made very little sense. Do not try to post straight after work on very little sleep.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  3. Stormalisk

Stormalisk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good thing my paranoid-ish self backups so frequently. Hope to see the fixes soon, keep up the good work even when things don't go right :whoop:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Svarr Chanston likes this.
  4. skaf

skaf Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any chance for a rollback? i just started steam to redeem a key and now my whole game is f*cked thanks to forced auto update and i didnt even had a chance to backup my gamefiles -.-
    i'd better check in back later, cause im pretty fed up right now... (gonna check my steam options to ASK before ... you know... f*** things over -.-')

KeesDeNeger and Scarletting like this.
  5. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

Does anyone know of a console command for me to spawn a Locker and put them back on my ship? Or quickly edit the ship save file and insert the locker back where it was?

I don't care much about contents of the locker, I just don't wanna have to tear everything else down and set it up on a new shipworld just to fix the ship.

6. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

Restoring from backup solved nothing. I still don't have my locker.
    Backup was made 2 days ago.

7. Mendacium

Mendacium Industrial Terraformer

Hi Omni,

I am still having the same exact problems when I upload my backup ship player and metadata file that were saved prior to the above mentioned hotfix that caused the containers to disappear. Is there anything in the internal fixes that is preventing my save files from 2/18 (3AM EST) from restoring my character?

8. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

At least it wasn't a total loss, I checked quickly and only half of my chests where gone, most being empty. Although I have no storage container.

9. Blakers1

Blakers1 Space Hobo

I would like to know the same thing.

Optimal fix right here my friends.

Mendacium likes this.
  10. Frigglish

Frigglish Space Penguin Leader

So now that Starbound's almost unbelievably ridiculously popular, has Chucklefish made any moves to hire people that PASSED their programming course? Don't get me wrong what's been done is impressive, but so are the glaring drive-a-battleship-through-it programming oversights. This isn't "beta problems", this is symptomatic of not really knowing what the language you're working in even does. It's highly frustrating to see the potential here get swamped by such first-year errors.

I'm just going to leave this here...

11. Mendacium

So, just to clarify, none of my backup files dating back to February 3rd fix the issue. Each of them load with 90% of my ship interior missing/invisible (containers, ship inventory, etc).

Diodoron likes this.
  12. Sha Seng

Sha Seng Title Not Found

This, yes.

I love your game - I do. I've already played it for far more hours than I care to admit. But, this is comically bad. The douchebag meme in the second reply might have been lighthearted, but it's still correct.

Please, please consider hiring more programming help with our money, Chucklefish.

13. Gobbe

Gobbe Space Hobo

I replaced the whole "Starbound"map with a map from 18th feb 00.05. This fixed all my things. Only thing wrong now is that i cant join my multiplayer server. But all my things on the ship are back.

It says that my server is running a later client than mine. But atleast im so happy to have all my dresses and clothes back i saved in chests.

14. Mendacium

What do you mean Starbound "map"? The universe folder?

15. Gobbe

Gobbe Space Hobo

steamapps- common - Starbound

Dont know if it was a good thing to do or not.

But my things are back when i join singleplayer

16. Chrona

Chrona Aquatic Astronaut

restored player and universe folder with a backup from yesterday-> fixed nothing...lost locker and chests
    will they release another fix or is stuff lost?

Diodoron likes this.
  17. Frigglish

That's... that's the entire installation. You installed an old version of Starbound.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  18. Kahlzarg

Kahlzarg Master Chief

If you read the wiki article you posted, you would see that a playtest includes an open beta. Not sure if you have heard, but this game is in beta. Though nice dig at their programming skills though, ride on keyboard warrior!

Any programmer worth their salt has learnt lessons like this the hard way, the gods know I have, and once it happens... and it will happen... it's about taking responsibility, being transparent, and making sure it doesn't happen again, all of which I would like to commend the guys for doing.

19. Sha Seng

Sha Seng Title Not Found

They've sold a million copies of this game already.

We're not just trashing them needlessly.

What's wrong with them spending some of that money on help?

20. Frigglish

Let's try for civil, hmm?

Had they taken even two minutes to load an old character with this update and check, they'd have found this problem BEFORE deleting the accumulated possessions of an uncounted thousands of players. "Open beta!" is not a free pass to forgo even the most basic internal testing.