1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Is there a way to sync achievements with Steam?

Discussion in 'Support' started by thiorymos, Jan 19, 2017.

1. thiorymos

thiorymos Space Hobo

So I've unlocked the "Living Large" achievement today, but it turns out that Steam Overlay wasn't running and Steam didn't count the achievement, but the game did. Eventually I found this thread, but no matter what I try to do to the savefile, the game crashes. Can anyone tell me what should I edit for this to work or any other method of syncing achievements? Thanks in advance.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Yea, that guide is for the first house upgrade, but the game crashes due to resizing a big house down & the game looking for the wrong map file when it gets upgraded.

You might be able to temporarily set houseupgrade level to 2, and it might give you the achievement before crashing. However, it'll still crash for the same reason above.

One easy workaround for you is the following:
      If you just upgraded, and only saved once. You can make a backup of your savefile, then go back and delete "name_#####" and "SaveGameInfo" from the savefile. Then go over, and rename the ones ending in "_old" to just "name_#####" and "SaveGameInfo"

Start up steam, and this'll let you repeat the day before. Play while online; let the achievement take place & then delete those saves. You can restore your backup from earlier, and continue playing.

Another would be to create a new savefile, and using a save editor give yourself the resources & money for the house upgrades. Then do a quick few upgrades on that file while online.

thiorymos likes this.
      • thiorymos

thiorymos Space Hobo

Unfortunately I've already played beyond the point when I can restore the previous day save, but that's no big deal. I guess I'll just use the save editor then. Thanks for the advice!