1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the roadmap gone for good?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by McWhite, Apr 15, 2015.

1. McWhite

McWhite Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I just noticed that the roadmap is no longer there:
    http://playstarbound.com/roadmap
    Did it move somewhere or have you decided it was too outdated to be relevant anymore and didn't have any/enough benefits?

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It was outdated by quite a bit.
    If you want the latest updates to the game, best place to follow is the blog.

Jonesy likes this.
  3. McWhite

McWhite Void-Bound Voyager

Updates are all quite good and all but I'd really like to see what is done and what is still planned. At least roughly. I don't even want a progress bar or anything. I hope that at least the devs have some sort of roadmap. Goals are important ;-;.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

http://blog.chucklefish.org/finishing-up-starbound-1-0/

Thats the latest one. Its quite old but still gives somewhat of a overview of what they are currently doing (Oh, just incase: Everything is subject to change).

I think it was @Tiy that mentioned wanting to do a new one "soon(tm)" (but no guarantees, off course).

5. Rissquette

Rissquette Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think the road map was really just to show progress to those who were anxiously awaiting the beta back in 2012 and early 2013 up until the release in late 2013. Now that it is in beta, (and has been for a long a** ******* time) it really doesn't serve a purpose anymore. You can pretty much just see the progress being made by playing the game. As for features to come: they were never really outlined with much specificity on the map. Also, I can't believe I pre-ordered this a little more than 2 years ago.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Tamorr likes this.