1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[IRC] Item Descriptions!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Forever, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Amusement. Florans never had dignity to begin with.

Katlatze likes this.
  2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

'Hylotl' is an Aztec Name? :chrono:

3. Serenity, DevonDe and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Xann

Xann Void-Bound Voyager

Don't like it? Don't read the description. It's not a huge part of the game.

5. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Will there be a way to fix typos? Like a forum were people can put them and list them?

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I like this idea! Maybe we can help pull some of the weight of the dev work. :)

7. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

Because they're not Aztec, it doesn't fit the lore, and they don't have any Mesoamerican influences in their design?

8. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

i dont think he realizes that the name "hylotl" come from the axolotl fish itself and not the linguistic origin of the name...

9. Probably however bug reports are handled, I'd guess. But:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1hdbzs/some_item_descriptions_from_tiy_on_irc/catbpcb

Dagorran, Axe Garian and DevonDe like this.
  10. Exkaiser

Exkaiser Big Damn Hero

It's like how I can't find myself licking my chops and drooling at the site of an altar covered with age-old jam.

Strawberry jam is tassssty, sure, but Kaiser no want lick of that.

11. klipwc

klipwc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

no love for nova? haha

12. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hylotls seem to be philosophers, poets and samurai.

13. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

God dammit, now I'm so conflicted, should I choose the apex, or the hylotls? :cry:

14. Zezarict

Zezarict Big Damn Hero

Forget the descriptions, I'm more interested in sacrificing people...

15. Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking Big Damn Hero

Am I the only one who thought the Apex descriptions were kind of corny, in a comforting sort of way?

16. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm liking my Floran more and more now. Not sure how i feel about the snake-like talking, but i'm sure it won't be so bad as Zach Galifianakis' gay snake impression. I'm sure i've said this somewhere before but oh well. The more that gets revealed about this game the more and more i want to play, even over what i already do. Each update, daily or otherwise, is a double edged sword. I can't stay away since i don't want to. But at the same time i hear about something else in it and my immediate reaction to each one is "okay... awesome... now when can i get my hands on it?". It's tough. I do hope you guys feel confident in a release date soon.

Evithlia likes this.
  17. BigTeef

BigTeef Aquatic Astronaut

I kinda wanted the glich to use ye old English instead of generic robot language, seeing as they are medieval based.

Lumireaver likes this.
  18. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Medieval people speaking medieval English has been done to death. :p

HedgeFlanders likes this.
  19. doguso

doguso Big Damn Hero

What about robotic medieval English?

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Malvolio Portius

Malvolio Portius Pangalactic Porcupine

I am more interested in what the Novakids have to say, their lore is much more interesting. That's due to them not knowing theirs.