1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback instant teleport to ship bug?.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by oOFAITHOo, Jan 1, 2017.

1. oOFAITHOo

oOFAITHOo Void-Bound Voyager

( ' _ ' ) Not sure if this problem was reported, fixed, or posted already but I'll just post this anyway, okay after I updated my starbound I've been very excited ( ^ . ^ ) on beaming down the planet and find some new stuff, but after I beam down and walked a few seconds I instantly got teleport-ed to ship like no animation ( * _ * ) or loading screen or whatsoever, just instantly teleport-ed back, and of course I am using my old save data (single player) since I already completed it and already made and bookmarked a few home planet which I created (' . ' (0) , I also do have mods and tried removing and knowing what's the problem so far but this doesn't work, I've tried reinstalling it in a new folder separate from my old one, and tried beaming down and walking, but it seems worked fine ( ' _ ')?, but without mods and a new save data that is, but let's throw that thing first, is there a way to play it without removing my mods and creating a new save data ( ' _ ' )?, if I remove my mods but the same save data, well it crashed somehow which is expected ( x . x ). I've read a few threads already but few of them are somehow the same and mostly different.
    Anyways thank you for reading and sorry for taking your time ( ' v ' )7

not sure if the title is correct or appropriate in this problem though ( x . x ).

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Can you attach logs file? And what mods did you use specifically? Have you installed some new mod recently?

3. oOFAITHOo

( ' _ ' )... it doesn't really crashed actually, I don't know what term I should use so I used crashed, I mean that if I remove the mods and use my old save it doesn't really crash, what I mean is it doesn't show my save data, like you know disappear from list? ( x . x )*-*-*.... well I use like tons of mods my mod file size is like 143mb, and yes I installed a new mod, and it was a mod named cutebound, but I doubt it's the one that causes it... I'd like to send over my file and send it here so peeps can review but I don't know how :rofl:, would you rather let me take a screenshot of my mods?

4. oOFAITHOo

and oh yeah, here's the log files... ( ' . ' )... not sure if I'm sending the correct one or not since there's like 5 log files and 1 text document in storage file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  5. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

It is called softcrash. Long story short, game finds some object on planet (usually mob, NPC or a dungeon) which is not in the game files, and opts to kick you back to your ship to avoid further corruption. I'll look into logs.

6. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

There is nothing related to the issue in your log, aside from a few screwed crafting recipes. Try to revisit the planet where you have crashed and then post the logs.

7. oOFAITHOo

( ' _ ' )... logs? you mean the same file? wait it automatically records it?.

8. oOFAITHOo

ok so I revisited the planet, walk a few distance, and then boom got teleport-ed to ship, no force close or errors appeared on the screen just plain teleport back to ship like instantly, so... here's the same log file and hope it recorded that problem.

Attached Files:

9. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

[21:22:48.158] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("appliesWeatherStatusEffects")

Hm. Seen similiar error on one planet, where it was caused by a faulty mod that added dungeons, but this doesn't look like the case I've encountered. Can't really help you here, the best guess is that Chucklefish broke something in planet storing format with the recent update (I can bet this is somehow related to terraformers). The only solution that I can think of is finding mod that causes the issue and disable it (also, backup saves often)

10. oOFAITHOo

( ' _ ' ).. dungeons? oh no, :rofl: not good, I guess it's time to make a new game... oh yeah, you mentioned about screwed crafting recipes right? those are mods right? can you please send me the line like what you did here, because I'd like to remove them, thank you very much.

11. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

[21:22:11.097] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /recipes/anvil1/weapons/tier1/protectorselitesword.RECIPE, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /recipes/anvil1/weapons/tier1/protectorselitesword.RECIPE
    [21:22:11.315] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/anvil1/weapons/tier1/yeoldenlegendblade.RECIPE: (ItemException) No such item 'gold'
    [21:22:14.537] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_rhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'feroziumcompound'
    [21:22:14.632] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/weapons/oldtier/broadsword/odb2tier2broadsword_c2.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'steelbar'
    [21:22:15.332] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_elitesigmamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [21:22:15.334] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_piraterhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [21:22:15.335] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_roninrhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [21:22:15.338] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_thetamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'refinedrubium'

Basically, find whatever mods add "protectorselitesword", "yeoldenlegendblade", "rhomechcontroller", "odb2tier2broadsword", "elitesigmamechcontroller", "piraterhomechcontroller", "roninrhomechcontroller" and "thetamechcontroller".

12. oOFAITHOo

thanks a lot.

13. oOFAITHOo

( ' _ ' ) and oh yeah, it remained the same... it still teleport-ed me back to my ship, but I found the problem it's my player not the planet, I tried reinstalling while keeping my mods intact, the only thing I did was to delete my player data, except my ship data, copied my ship data and place it on a new player data on the new and reinstalled unchanged (yet copied) mods data,place it on the reinstalled one, and tested it out, it seems to work fine... (0) ' _ ' ) I don't even know what I'm talking about but hey, I can play in peace now, but I would be redoing my missions again ( T . T ), I really love my ship it has everything, heck it's like a home and a tenants and detailed rooms and stuff, I'd rather lose my player but not my ship :rofl:.

14. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Ah-ha! Found the problem! It seems that on line 349 In your log file is that it causing a
    Code:
    WorldServerThread exception caught: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("appliesWeatherStatusEffects")
    error. So something about the planetoid you beamed onto caused an error to force a warp back to the ship. Something having to deal with planet applying status effects. The game has an error handler to send the player to the ship if the world is messed up. Something that is part of world generation is part of the problem.

As for the recipes:
    The recipes aren't the problem, as it doesn't effect the planet status effect that was trying to be applied, but they should be fixed just so you can craft whatever they are! They don't cause much problems if they don't load, it's just that you can't craft them. (At least in my experience)

15. oOFAITHOo

( ' _ ' ), so wait, if I ever encounter this problem again, I mean the teleport in the ship stuff, what should I do? because it's a real pain redoing my quests and my player items, and the fact that I play hardcore like y'know? permadeath? in single player.

16. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

99% of the time this issue is caused by a mod. Removing the mod will usually resolve the problem.

17. oOFAITHOo

okay thanks.