Instant Fish Catch mod Guide

Discussion in 'Mods' started by artemi7, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

the same way as any other, you put it next to Stardew Valley.exe and you run it :p

• jdx765

jdx765 Intergalactic Tourist

Okay totally new at this I did see some instructions for how to install mods where you have to put in certain file area. I wasn't sure if this type of file goes to same place.
      Thanks for answering.

• Super_EMarie

Super_EMarie Space Hobo

Mods can be tricky if you're really new to it. Here are some step-by-step instructions. Hope they help!

Download the API here: https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.39.6
        1. Open the zip file.
        2. Move the StardewModdingAPI.exe file from the zip file you just downloaded to the same place as your Stardew Valley .exe file. For me, this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley
        3. From now on, when you want to run Stardew Valley, click on StardewModdingAPI instead of the old Application File to start the game. It might be easier to just make a shortcut to this and keep it on your desktop.
        4. Click on StardewModdingAPI to start the game. Make sure that it's working, then close it again.
        5. That part's done. Go get a cookie - you've earned it!

Download the fishing mod here: https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI-Mods/releases (It's the one titled Fishing Mod)
        1. Open the zip file.
        2. Move the whole FishingMod folder to the Mods folder in your Stardew Valley folder. For me, this is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
        3. Be impressed by all the folders.
        4. Start the game using StardewModdingAPI. Make sure the game runs, then exit. You're almost done!
        5. Back in your Mods folder, open the FishingMod folder.
        6. Open the file titled config in Notepad or another basic text editor.
        7. You'll see that "InstantCatchFish" is set to false. Delete the word false and type the word true.
        8. Save the config file.
        9. Start the game using StardewModdingAPI (like you will all the time from now on)
        10. Enjoy your instant fish!

jdx765 likes this.
        • jdx765

• jdx765

I okay so I got first part of installed but running into issues and bit of confusion.
            1) Ever since I got windows 10 when I attempt to open certain files even when its not neccessary like trying to click the shortcut on desktop nothing happens except the stupid zip file program popup:(
            2)So then I went back to the steam folder looked for application attempt to open it up and the game didn't pop up but box with black screen tons of computer language I got no clue what do about or how to use happen.
            Am I missing something?
            I haven't done the second part because I am starting to get overwhelm I did put zipfiles but haven't unzipped them in mods folder.
            So I thought I wait so I went to the original steam application desktop game opener up and now I got error message saying their file a missing and they can't open the game:(
            how do I undo the damage if I can't get this to work?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
            • Daudknifeofdunwall

Daudknifeofdunwall Void-Bound Voyager

i hope so because some artifacts can only obtainable by fishing if you cant get them you cant complete museum and cant get a stardrop :I

• Aurora_Jolteon

Aurora_Jolteon Space Hobo

Will this work with the new 1.1 update?

• Teneombre

Teneombre Void-Bound Voyager

For you and everyone who ask it, like myself, yes, it works, I just test it. Just take care to download it here : "https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI-Mods/releases", the personal page of the author I guess. (for my try, I was using one of the last release of SMAPI)

• is.koko

is.koko Space Hobo

Thank you so much for your step by step instructions. I'm a complete novice at adding mods, and this worked for me. (I signed up simply so I could say 'Thank you!', but am certain I will find a lot more knowledge now that I'm here.).

• poptartcats

poptartcats Space Hobo

my files with this mod aren't working sometimes when i try to play it says this: [16:26:23 ERROR SMAPI] Couldn't load mod for manifest 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FishingMod\manifest.json': the specified mod DLL does not exist.
                      [16:26:23 ERROR SMAPI] Couldn't load mod for manifest 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FishingMod\manifest.json': the specified mod DLL does not exist. in red text. can someone PLEASE help me i just want to fish D:

• poohbear7882

poohbear7882 Aquatic Astronaut

Sorry for the Necro of an old thread...but I was wondering if there is an updated version of this?

SMAPI doesn't indicate an issue when loading it, but I still have the minigame. I tried Google, but the results were less than stellar and I'm new to SDV so I've not really picked up on where to trust mods from yet...I don't want to go downloading some janky mod that screws everything up.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Download CJB's Cheat Menu and you can disable the game in the Fishing options.

Generally speaking, the best places to download mods are from here (for SDV anyway) and at NexusMods.