Instant Fish Catch mod Guide

Discussion in 'Mods' started by artemi7, Mar 3, 2016.

1. artemi7

artemi7 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, hopefully this will be ok to post, but I thought I might make a quick, basic guide for the people who are having trouble with (what I find) are one of the most annoying parts of the game; the fishing minigame. For people with slower reflexes then they used to be, or like my wife who has a cast on one finger right now, or people who just want something more resembling the classic Harvest Moon-esque style play, this is a must. Luckily, it's also very, very simple. While the main mod thread is nice, there is a LOT of technical info in there that the casual user is going to find intimidating, and unsure of what steps to take in what order. Hopefully this will be of some help to someone.

Edit: Before I begin, though, I give full credit for the creation of the mod itself to Zoryn. All I'm doing is wading through the mod thread to make a step guide to follow.

First download 2 files.

Download the newest StardewModdingAPI.exe
    https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI/releases

Then download IntantFishCatch.dll
    https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI-Mods/releases

Go to your main StardewValley steam folder, place the .exe into that main folder. Put the .dll into your \Mods folder. If you don't have a Mods folder in your main StardewValley folder, then make one and put the .dll into it.

Run the StardewModdingAPI.exe instead of the main game .exe. Possibly even make a shortcut so you're running this, now, instead of the main game .exe.

Profit.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    • Norker77

Norker77 Space Hobo

How does this work with treasure chests?

Are they fished up as well?

• dantheman999

dantheman999 Void-Bound Voyager

Judging by the code, there is an option to allow that.

• Norker77

Norker77 Space Hobo

Thanks,
          too bad though.

• James Bennett

James Bennett Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Covered your mod in my latest video! :)

• MSigma

MSigma Void-Bound Voyager

Just a heads up, from what I can tell, this is Zoryn's mod. Artemi7 just posted it.

• artemi7

artemi7 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, I apologize for not giving full credit to the modder, Zoryn. The only thing I'm doing here is wading through the mod thread and organizing data into a miniguide. That's what I get for trying to type this up before going to work in the morning. Sorry, Zoryn! ;~;

Also, from what I've seen, yes you still fish up bonus treasure, too.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
                • SinisterHumanoid

SinisterHumanoid Void-Bound Voyager

Any idea if this still works with the new version? .37 that is. I know it broke a lot of mods

• Nypra

Nypra Poptop Tamer

I'm using it with .37 right now with this mod, works so far. Had to update my Framework to 4.5 or whatever the newest one is, though.

• Honeybee

Honeybee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm using .37 and it doesn't work. I still get the minigame instead of the instant catch.

• threelite

threelite Void-Bound Voyager

It's not working for me on .37, using Windows 10 which has .Net 4.5 already.

• Calla

Calla Void-Bound Voyager

This is not working for me either :(

• mattdxn

mattdxn Space Spelunker

I downgraded to 0.36 just for this mod. Why am I so bad at fishing. :cry:

• NeonMouko

NeonMouko Void-Bound Voyager

Same here, I've been avoiding .037 specifically because of this mod...

• Topher-sama

Topher-sama Void-Bound Voyager

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
                              • Norker77

Norker77 Space Hobo

Thanks for pointing that out. Still hope for an update though.
                                Having all those other options is tempting and could ruin the game for me (not judging, if using this enhances your enjoyment go ahead. Just not for me.).

• NeonMouko

NeonMouko Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, awesome! That's what I wanted, but no one seemed to mention that it also got the treasure boxes. Thank you! I guess I have no reason to hold out anymore. :)

• Briskjungle767

Briskjungle767 Space Hobo

The links don't seem to be working

• lordvalinar

lordvalinar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any other fishing mods out there working with 0.37/38/39+ ? I'm using the TimeSpeed mod and that's currently conflicting with CheatMenu...(as in at some point, time just freezes everywhere, and the only way to fix it is to Exit and restart the game) and since I'm only using InstantCatch and Durable fences from the cheat, menu thought I'd look the individual mods up again.

• jdx765

jdx765 Intergalactic Tourist

Hey I am new and totally clueless how do I install the newest StardewModdingAPI.exe?