Tutorial Installing mods for Starbound 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by The | Suit, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PseudoProphet

PseudoProphet Space Hobo

DLG. both of the mods rely on the same dialog. once that dialog happens, it triggers a character from one mod to spawn and an item from the other.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Which mods are you talking about?

Also, you might have to do some copy-pasting to make a single file between the two mods. Or I could, provided I know which mods you are using.

3. PseudoProphet

PseudoProphet Space Hobo

The mods are for swkotor. They are "quanons saberhilt pack" and "make mission a jedi".[DOUBLEPOST=1426996709][/DOUBLEPOST]"dan14_jon.dlg" is the shared file name between the two mods.

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Are those... Starbound mods? ...No, those are for KOTOR. That is a problem. This is a forum for the game "Starbound", and this is the modding section for Starbound, not Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. You'll have to find a forum to ask for help elsewhere.

5. PseudoProphet

PseudoProphet Space Hobo

Ya I realize that. I've been looking for a while now. This was a last ditch effort to see if anyone here could/would help. Thanks anyway.

6. AlmosVezer1

AlmosVezer1 Void-Bound Voyager

amm.. i installed the Creative Mod to the giraffe_storage/mods, but it's not working. i start the game, and game than the game is crashed.. Without mods, the game running okay. but with one mod, the game get crashed. like that:
    [​IMG] This, when i press Debug the program.

This, when i click OK in the last two.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    this, when i press OK in the last.
    [​IMG]
    sooo.... yeah.

Sorry for my bad english.

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

One common cause of crashing is the mod it self is not the same version as the game.
    Also for some reason your images are not loading for me.

8. AlmosVezer1

and.. what can i do with it?

9. The | Suit

I suggest uploading the images to imgur instead.

10. AlmosVezer1

11. The | Suit

The problem is with that website.

12. AlmosVezer1

13. The | Suit

#3 shows there is an error with the mod. You will want to post it in the discussion page of the mod it self.

14. Verman

Verman Void-Bound Voyager

Fackin' Universe isn't working, This isn't helping me, its making it more complicated:wot:

15. The | Suit

This guide is simply a basic conceptual general overview which requires you to be able to understand basic file type and directory structure.

If you need assistance beyond that - you will want to contact the mod author through the discussion tab of the mod page.
    [​IMG]

16. Verman

Verman Void-Bound Voyager

O
    OK, thanks

17. Silverwingbrony

Silverwingbrony Void-Bound Voyager

So me and a friend are trying to play on my hamachi server, with only two mods. The issue is that while my game runs the mods just fine, his game crashes, or doesn't load them at all.

ex. "Illuminated Ores" will work as it should on my computer, with all of the ores glowing. But my friend can have it installed correctly (I watched him do it the same way I did it myself) and the game won't crash, but the mod won't work. that's with something that doesn't add items to the game. If it adds anything extra into the game, his crashes.

And again, he installed it correctly, and everything is up to date. Any tips or suggestions on how we can get the mods to work for him?

18. The | Suit

Rename giraffe storage folder. Start game. Quit reinstalll mods on new giraffe_storage folder.
    If that doesn't work.
    Delete the mods folder - you zip up your entire mods folder and send it to him
    if that doesn't work.

He needs to verify his game cache.

19. camper_pain

camper_pain Void-Bound Voyager

Are the Mods meant to be in starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/xxxx and the .modinfo files in the starbound/giraffe_storage/mods or all the contents like starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/items ?

20. The | Suit

Lets say the mod name is Bob
    it should look like

if it is not a modpak file
    Code:
    starbound / giraffe_storage / mods / bob / bob.modinfo
    if its a modpak file for example bob.modpak than it should be
    Code:
    starbound / giraffe_storage / mods / bob.modpak

Dunto likes this.
Thread Status: