1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Insomnia49 Event Streams

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kiingy, Aug 22, 2013.

1. LimeTwist

LimeTwist Subatomic Cosmonaut

dont know if you noticed. but one of the ships main attacks is to smash itself against the ground to try and crush you. Almost seems as if the devs where trying to go "oh hit me with your most powerful weapon now! hello this is my weak point!"

2. [​IMG]

3. Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking Big Damn Hero

Back,
    Also I'm going to repeat what I said earlier. Most of the people that are complaining seam to have the vibe that it "was not to there expectations" or "Wasn't what I wanted." I think you guys simpily expected WAY TO MUCH.
    Also, please simmer it down on the personal attacks. We are mature here... Right?

Silver86, madkillller and backeby like this.
  4. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Expecting a tolerably watchable stream and boss demonstration, is expecting to much?

Pingeh and like00111 like this.
  5. Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking Big Damn Hero

Both of those happened...

Silver86 likes this.
  6. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

In your opinion. It seems like it didn't, to a lot of other people. Just my observation.

Pingeh likes this.
  7. backeby

backeby Big Damn Hero

In my opinion the stream/demo was a huge success. Especially considering it's a pre-alpha. But you and all the other people you are observing seems to think this is a ready-to-play beta :)

8. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

they could still show a video of it like the movie in beginning and biome diversity , which was played in the every end

9. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

So if you plan on going melee solo, you have to wait until the boss hits you in order to hit it back? As large as the ship is, it didn't seem like it'd be very feasible to run outside of it's crash attack and counter with a sword. Even then, you'd only have how long until it gets back up in the sky? I imagine a melee fight against this boss would take even longer.

10. I personally prefer games with a more serious tone as well. However, that doesn't really seem to be the road Starbound is taking. Still looking forward for the game, though.

11. iceLando

iceLando Orbital Explorer

Then you should have researched the game before pre ordering xD

You don't seem to like none of the main features of the game, and I doubt you'll like it when it finally releases.

But hey if you like wasting money on games you don't like thats your problem.

12. RazoR2K

RazoR2K Big Damn Hero

Did you just describe minecraft??

13. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whether or not it was tolerable depends on if you enjoy watching people goof off and have fun or not. I, personally, love goofing off with friends and just having a good time and not taking anything seriously, though I also play games seriously just as much.

That being said, I could tell that they were simply having fun and that's what I think games are all about; to each their own, though.

LimeTwist likes this.
  14. meg

meg Void-Bound Voyager

Bartwe is streaming right now, is somebody recording it ? I've got to go ... arrrrgl...

15. Mad Dok Edvaardz

Mad Dok Edvaardz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Funny, isn't it?

You've always got the aftermath of the "People who didn't like it" VS "People who did like it".
    This will go on for a couple days, then everyone will forget. Like the last incidents we had.
    Before someone asks for examples, Starter Pets, Durability and now, the Yogscast Stream.
    Anywho, I personally didn't enjoy the goofing around. I like order, not chaos. Well, some of us do. The other ones don't. :proper:
    STILL! I respect everyone's opinions about whether or not they liked it but please, can we just be civil and have no personal attacks over ones preference?

arias29 and ShadetheDruid like this.
  16. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

ANY1 got link to the stream that supossed to happen now? Starbound modding?

sankto likes this.
  17. Beonadryt

Beonadryt Big Damn Hero

18. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

ye canceled due to lack of interest:p but my guess is all insomnia kids had to go sleep ;]

Pingeh likes this.
  19. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

That is unfortunate. I'd like to see a streamed video focusing on mods nonetheless. Don't really care if they do it at i49. As a future modder, it's very, very relevant to my interests.

Jexel and sankto like this.
  20. Jexel

Jexel Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's a shame the Starbound modding was cancelled, I was just about to ask if anyone has a link to it. :( I personally enjoyed watching the yogscast stream.