Info about the upcoming patch!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theqmann

theqmann Master Chief

On the topic of full changelogs, one might notice that Jeeps were in the last patch, but not actually mentioned in any post or changelog. Not that they were accessible though.

I agree on posting full changelogs detailing all non-trivial fixes.

vanella, Kittails and Soullesswaffle like this.
  2. Zechs13

Zechs13 Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait to get attached to my next Apetor: The Drinking, Ice Skating Sensation! Its gonna be a wild ride.

3. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

A whole weeeeeekk.. Guess I might as well mess with mods or something.

4. ArtoriasFlagg

ArtoriasFlagg Aquatic Astronaut

Looks good. A wipe is... unfortunate, but I can definately see the need.
    Also, fantastic pull for the revolver image. You're pretty good.

Zeroh155 likes this.
  5. NinjaBackflip

NinjaBackflip Void-Bound Voyager

Am i the only one that thinks "no more wipes" is a bad idea?

Correct me if i'm wrong but if someone happens to have some amazing idea that changes the way characters or ships work, either it gets changed and everyone flips out
    or the change will never be made because it was already promised there would be no more wipes.

6. Bayconboyee

Bayconboyee Void-Bound Voyager

There is a pesky glitch that bothers some and passes over others which makes the game unplayable at times. It would be appreciated if you fixed the glitch that prevents you from beaming to planets under certain clients/servers. It happens to my friend on single and multiplayer but it only happens to me on one multiplayer server. No rush though. Btw, great game! It has more than minecraft and it's only in beta. Although with its Halloween update terraria reached its 1000th item so you haven't beat them yet! Keep up the great work :D

doclainlain and The Alien Way like this.
  7. Zezarict

Zezarict Big Damn Hero

But the real question is:

When can I swim and not be on fire?

8. Velba

Velba Space Spelunker

Oh so very excited indeed.

9. hockeyhacker

hockeyhacker Void-Bound Voyager

Finally have a eta on the next character wipe, nice to know, now I know when it should be a good time to play a bit more of the game... was holding off playing this patch just because I knew another character wipe was probably near and didn't want to spend a lot of time on a character to only have to redo it all the next day (ofcourse its been 3 weeks and so could have played it, but with how quickly the patches where even up to just a few days before Christmas it very well could have been as early as 1/7/14 seeing as its rare to get new patches so close to the holidays.

Soullesswaffle likes this.
  10. Xophe

Xophe Void-Bound Voyager

awwww, i had such a nice planet built, i guess it'll be time for another planet raiding supply campaign.

Kernel Etixius likes this.
  11. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Dude yessssss.. Thanks for the update!

12. silentjay22

silentjay22 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes! Yes! I've been waiting for the final character wipe! I've been holding off on playing because I wouldn't be able to keep a character. After this patch I'll stop having a life for a while.

13. Zombiefilmfan

Zombiefilmfan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome, been afraid to get connected with a character, so I haven't played in a week. Glad to see it coming!

14. Starhowl

Starhowl Phantasmal Quasar

Woo! More hype! -puffs up-

I'm ready :3

15. Killera

Killera Phantasmal Quasar

hallelujah brothers and sisters!!! The Looooooooord is here. We aaaalll love the lord(s) (of starbound).

Now we have some (New) News :p I was getting pretty tired of read dec 23 update every day... soooo... Yeah... That's that and good luck everyone

16. doc Chicken

doc Chicken Void-Bound Voyager

3 weeks and that is it?... disappointed tbh, but everyone gets that from time to time I guess.

17. Gavelwrench

Gavelwrench Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really hoping for configurable keys soon, or at the very least a config text file that we can edit to re-bind the keys if it's going to take a while for a GUI. WASD+Space just isn't physically possible for lefties, I'm using AutoHotKey for now but everything I type in search/filters or chat just looks like gibberish since keys are remapped all over the place.

VinchenzoJackal likes this.
  18. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

*Several memory leaks, including the slow-but-significant server memory leak a lot of people were experiencing and GUI memory leak
    *Added image metadata caching, improved assets caching
    *Assorted minor performance improvements

These things could set me free from my seemingly invincible lag issue! :O INTENSIFIES> And my other most anticipated additions??

*Yay, hats!
    *New game modes! Permadeath and drop-everything-on-death modes.

I'm guilty of not reading the entire thread, but unless someone else hasn't already said this: I wouldn't rest fully assured on the promises of no more character wipes :D HOPEFULLY they've got it hammered flat, but in a flawed world promises are terrifying :D As a precaution against cold reality I'd keep a (further) open mind concerning the wipes moving foward.. May they be done with forever and ever, but.. Should it happen again (in the realm of cruel reality you can't fully 100% rule the possibility out!), I wouldn't be all "YOU PROMISED!!!??!" if an unseen issue crops up :> Teh Chuckling Fishes have our best interests at heart :)

vanella, VinchenzoJackal and Kittails like this.
  19. Lordwolfe

Lordwolfe Subatomic Cosmonaut

20. Colaymorak

Colaymorak Big Damn Hero

You do have a point good sir.
    I'v nothing more to say, just wanted to point that out.

VinchenzoJackal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.