1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

In Need Of Pixel Artists!

Discussion in 'Art' started by Dwarfonix, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Dwarfonix

Dwarfonix Tentacle Wrangler

Hey im getting the cards printed tomorrow you got anymore for me?

2. Lord Octopus

Lord Octopus Starship Captain

No, sorry. I was away and was not able to complete anything. I will be making more this week, I have a few slow days.

3. Connorses

Connorses Big Damn Hero

That heart shaped health potion is awesome.

Lord Octopus and Blitzlegion like this.
  4. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

AGREEE...honestly chucklfish this LORD OCTOPUS makes GOOD PIXEL ITEMS.

Lord Octopus likes this.
  5. walrusman72

walrusman72 Phantasmal Quasar

Any room for a beta tester? I'm a huge board game nerd, and would love to test your game out, because it looks awesome! If you have any instructions for the game, i'd like to give it a read over, just to provide critique.

6. UnluckyStorm

UnluckyStorm Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting...I've been itching to do something productive recently...And pixel art is always good fun!
    Inquiry. OP, anything in particular you need right now? I'm assuming the original requests have been created.

Also, what dimensions are the images to be done in? Taking a look at your card template, I'm assuming it's 212w x 157h?- PX that is.
    And finally, I suggest a few shades lighter for the card borders. Black is often too strong a colour, charcoal will complement the entire image better, I feel. Ensure it's a very dark charcoal colour, of course. Still basically black.

7. Dwarfonix

All of lord octupos's imputs are the correct size

8. Dwarfonix

Im recording a gameplay of the card game soon, then ill be giveing out cards so well see

9. UnluckyStorm

Good stuff, what is it we'll see? Anything specific you'd like, @Dwarfonix?
    Also, yeah, seems it's 212x157.

10. Connorses

Connorses Big Damn Hero

What kind of weird measurement is 212x157? hehe

11. UnluckyStorm

It is odd. :p But that's what the dude Dwarfonix has created!
    I do suggest, Dwarf, that you remake your card template at a higher resolution (I could do it, if you like), unless you're looking for it to have pixelated edges.

12. Dwarfonix

Ya thats what im going for

13. UnluckyStorm

So, here's a prototype for the Sword of Agony. Wanted to try out some barbed wire that encircles the blade, however, it has the negative aspect of covering up a lot of the detail I worked on.

[​IMG]

Edit: Needs reworked a little bit...The hilt really bothers me. But I felt it should be something that isn't plain and simple.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Lord Octopus likes this.
  14. Dwarfonix

Amazeing! it will be used that is perfect

15. UnluckyStorm

Hold on man, I'm editing it a little bit!
    The edges are too dark in places, and the bevel in the centre of the hilt is too messy...I can be a bit of a perfectionist sometimes. :p

16. UnluckyStorm

[​IMG]

Probably doesn't look a great deal different. :p But, I think it's slightly better.

Lord Octopus and Dwarfonix like this.
  17. Fervour

Fervour Orbital Explorer

The world needs more people like Lord Octopus :p Great art for free!? I've heard none of it..

Lord Octopus likes this.
  18. Fervour

Fervour Orbital Explorer

Lord Octopus you mind doing a special something for me ^_^ sorry to steal Dwarfonix's thread.

19. Lord Octopus

Lord Octopus Starship Captain

If I can find the time, what did you have in mind?

20. Fervour

Fervour Orbital Explorer

I'm making a roguelike based on the dwarves of middle earth and I need an imaged 160 w by 110 h

The first one being (Note: not a panda, a helmet)
    [​IMG]
    But up scaled with detail to 160by110 this will be the background of the main menu.
    Would be a huge help.

Thanks for being a legend Mr Octopus :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014