1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

In Need Of Pixel Artists!

Discussion in 'Art' started by Dwarfonix, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Dwarfonix

Dwarfonix Tentacle Wrangler

I am creating a trading card game and since i am not gifted with the talent of art i call for those skilled with the forming of pixels to create images. In order to apply i need to know you are willing ot be dedicated to this. -note this is just for personal enjoyment, no profit will be made off this, if wanted i could send you some packs for you to play with your friends-

FOR APPLICATION
    I ask you create one of the following (these are the cards names put no words in the image)
    IF YOU ARE SELECTED YOU COULD SUBMIT YOUR OWN IDEAS/CARDS THAT CAN BE ADDED INTO THE GAME

Helrinia the Mother spider (Speaks for self, a giant spider)

Scorchclaw the fierce wolf (A wolf that has a fire essence to him)

Lure the giant (I giant wielding a club/mace)

Alvor the Dwarf Hunter (A dwarf that looks rough and lives in the woods

Complete one of these and post it on the thread

Lord Octopus and Potato Shogun like this.
  2. Erm I'm new and i'm gonna need some help to post something can you give me some tips this it's an april fools thing please get it out there Name: The De-Cap Hat, Description: Now you can Defy Death and trick your friends with the De-Cap Hat
    PLEASE PAINT IT BETTER AND REMODEL IT A LITTLE

I trust you thanks

-number_sploger

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  3. Lord Octopus

Lord Octopus Starship Captain

Do you have any thoughts or opinions on what scale you want the pixel art?
    It might also depend on how many cards and how fast you want the pictures (large scale tons of detail but takes a long time to create while a small scale is low res but can be pumped out at speed).

What size picture you are trying to fill for the card? What about tonality, are you trying to keep it serious or is humor fitting?

[​IMG] tiny scale, funny spider queen (just an example to clarify, not an application)

It would be nice to know the basic mechanics and premise of the game to get the feel for what you envision.

I am glad you clarified on the dwarf hunter. I thought it was something to kill Dwarves.;)
    Dwarven hunter.

Cell Materia and ptera_tinsel like this.
  4. Dwarfonix

THis is the size of the card

Attached Files:

5. Dwarfonix

Amazeing! I love it! And a mix of serious and humour. Some cards baddass and some humorous, but for the boss cards i prefer menacing (Helrinia is a boss card). The overall point of the game is for the scribe lord to make a tale for the players to go through. The players have their hero with his/her/its weapon and armour. And they try to finish the tale without getting killed.

Lord Octopus likes this.
  6. Dwarfonix

Heres your card

Attached Files:

7. Lord Octopus

lol, It was in no way to be considered for a card. I think it would be good practice for me to draw for your cards. I will be back with a real submission later.

8. Potato Shogun

Potato Shogun Big Damn Hero

i hope this one works for you. i'm sure i can do better but my eyes hurts so bad right now.
    did this one around 5-10mins
    . giant woowoo.png

he also needs a bigger club.

EDIT: its the Lure.

Cell Materia likes this.
  9. Heck, I'd like to draw one of your cards too! If you wanna give me one to draw. I just got an idea that this could be a fun community game hahaha (Although I know it's just for you).

10. Lord Octopus

Here we go, this is much better.
    [​IMG]
    Helrinia the Mother spider

I am also currently working on Lure and Scorchclaw for fun.

11. Dwarfonix

Alright how bout an ice giant?

12. Lord Octopus

Where would he get a bigger club? there are no trees that large. I had the same problem with the giant I am working on so I decided to scale him down quite a bit.

13. Working the frost giant.

edit: Will work on this more later, too tired to do details and correct things, but lemme know if its an okay direction.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    Lord Octopus likes this.
  14. Lord Octopus

Here is my drawing of Lure the giant.
    [​IMG]

Now I need to think of something cute for the weekly pixel off

Finn Learson likes this.
  15. Dwarfonix

[​IMG]

Amazeing! Its a card

Lord Octopus likes this.
  16. Dwarfonix

If you guys could heres some more

- a dwarf Hunter
    - and elf archer
    - a human wizard

Lord Octopus likes this.
  17. Lord Octopus

I think I have some interesting ideas for this.

18. Lord Octopus

Do you need any other fun things drawn like an ambiguous monster, slime jelly monster, giant crab, mashup of animal monster (bird mantis, reptilian mongoose) dragons, fairies, wisps, mythical beasts (chimera, griffin, Cerberus, minotaur, Cthulhu etc.)
    Need any non adventurer types like farmer bill, Betty the traveling tradesman, James the hired hand, Dingo the artist, King Sassafras the XIV, Fred the whimsical wanderer
    Needs weapons, armor, gear, equipment, traps, or utility items.

Just wondering because having a large array of things to work on might get more art, then once they are filled you can cross them off the list of things needed. Just my thought on how to do it.

(it would also be nice to have a note of who the artist was listed on the card)

19. Dwarfonix

alright i actually do have a very long list it may take me a long time to get it all down
    and try keep it mature it may be used by a younger audience, and the same style you used for the first harmelia is what i am going for with the series

20. Lord Octopus

I was kind of wary of the second Harmelia's monster breasts coming across too mature, I wasn't sure if younger audiences would be playing it. Knowing you are going for a more cartoonish style is helpful.

I know you like the first one but I thought I would take the rating from M to T for Teen on the second
    [​IMG]

Oh and here is Scorchclaw
    [​IMG]
    You said he had a fire aspect:D.

Finn Learson likes this.