1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Impossible First Boss - Broken Third Stage Hit Markers

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by chrisisism, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisisism

chrisisism Big Damn Hero

Hi,

I've searched the internet and see that others have had a similar issue. I've been attempted to defeat the first boss almost 30 - 40 times now. Everytime I get to the third stage and keep dying almost instantaneously. It seems like I'm getting hit by the lasers even though the lasers are clearly nowhere near me.

I've tried to see if there's another thread with the same issue but I've only just registered to the forum to report this bug. It's kind of annoying because it's stopping me from progressing to be able upgrade my ship and explore the other galaxies.

Is there a way around it or do I keep having to do the same thing in the hope it will eventually work?

2. Pitchflare

Pitchflare Void-Bound Voyager

The lasers don't display correctly in the third stage in this version. The safe spots are directly above and below the giant eyeball crystal guy. Basically, once you fire the second rocket, stand directly under him until the lasers shut off, then run up one side and flip two switches, then stand directly above him and wait for the lasers to stop again, and jump down to flip the other two and fire the rocket.

3. chrisisism

chrisisism Big Damn Hero

Thanks Pitchflare!

4. NanoPi

NanoPi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the purple glow that moves around is the actual location of the beams

5. chrisisism

chrisisism Big Damn Hero

I DID IT! I FINALLY COMPLETED THIS FLIPPING BOSS!!

Thanks for your help. Although there was a monster left at the end that killed the NPC that pops out so I'm not sure what the message was supposed to say...

6. Kurozaiaku

Kurozaiaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

Believe me; nothing relevant.

7. chrisisism

chrisisism Big Damn Hero

I have noticed however, by doing this level so many times, that I'm now getting a serious amount of pixels each time I do the level. Maybe 2000 - 4000 each time I replay the mission. I'm currently up to 20,000 pixels just be replaying this level over and over and getting 100 - 300 per monster I kill.

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.