Modding Help Image for animated vendor stall isn't loading.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Marinebeast, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

I'm making a few custom vendor stalls based loosely off the ones in the outpost, because it'll fit my mod nicely..
    Thing is, no matter what I do, it won't load the frames despite the files being properly named, the image reference following the "image" : "x.png:<color>.<frame>" format that vanilla assets do.. everything seems to be in order, but the sprites aren't just happening.

Any help? The only time the object's sprites worked was very early on when its spritesheet matched up incorrectly with the number of frames, which had a lot of weirdness and skipping and whatnot going on, and was clearly Not Correct.

The thing that jumps out at me the most is "column 5 is out of bounds for x-dimension 4", which shows up again and again for all my sheets. Even though I've done some looking around on the forums, I haven't found any particular answer to this error. All the frames in the spritesheets should be aligning properly-- I'm given a feeling this is an error reading the spritesheets and matching jargon to them properly, but after tweaking them, I'm not finding any issues.

(All the spritework here is by my hand and is planned for my race mod, please don't use them without permission!)

Starbound.log:
    (Yeah, there's a few other errors in there, like the issue with the ink bottle and the quest portrait. Those aren't my primary concern right now, I'll work on them.)

.object file:

.frames (identical for both left.frames and right.frames, both normal and lit versions):

Spritesheets are attached if anyone wanted to proofread them for the sake of finding errors.

Attached Files:

2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Look at your names element and at your dimension element the dimensions you set are 4 Columns and 5 lines that won't work you need to reverse these numbers and make some that each array in the names element contains 5 element maximum as most of the contains 6. Each array in the names element represents one line of your animation.

3. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Changing the sprites to a 6 column x 3 line layout worked, thank you so much for your help! I haven't seen much in the way of exact details on how the animation for objects in this game works, so this is a lifesaver!