I49 wrapup!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Legris, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Scott Hammond

Scott Hammond Big Damn Hero

What changes have been decided on so far based on player feedback at i49? I'd love to hear a developer standpoint. One of my favorite kinds of breakdowns that developers do is the "We noticed players were doing this a lot, so we decided to try this and see if it made things smoother."

tassina, Leak and Hazmat like this.
  2. Fireb4llz

Fireb4llz Aquatic Astronaut

Didn't Tiy say at the end of the hunger game stream that you'd guys show some of the progression of the game on Sunday? Are you guys still planning on doing that?

3. CV514

CV514 Void-Bound Voyager

Something is broken. When I click on entry's name (for permament link), there is 404 :(

tassina likes this.
  4. SpiderWaffle

SpiderWaffle Void-Bound Voyager

It hurts me to watch the gameplay, i'm just getting more hyped!

Bethor likes this.
  5. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

Have some well-deserved rest :)

tassina, Bethor and JoshF like this.
  6. KwwB

KwwB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So that explains why you looked like such a noob !!! HAHAHAHA . Good show everyone! Can't wait for beta! :up:

tassina and JoshF like this.
  7. Darth Phire

Darth Phire Intergalactic Tourist

I am super stoked and really want to play the game after watching that stream even if it was the same demo the yogscast was playing that would keep me content till the beta even till the full release!

8. Flicke

Flicke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Netter Versuch! :p

9. BastianHawk

BastianHawk Aquatic Astronaut

Don't be foolish. No matter how selfish you act they don't have to do one single thing. Good developers don't rush things to cater to the disgruntled minority. That is why they are good developers. To sum it up for you: Starbound will be a better game for having ignored this constant impatient rhetoric.

WILF2007, tassina, Menasor and 5 others like this.
  10. Kytteh

Kytteh Void-Bound Voyager

Seriously giddy for the game, I can't wait to play it! the footage I saw of the Yogscast guys running around in it reinforced my eagerness....... I don't want to go "When will Beta drop" and be an ass, so I'm just going to sit over in the loony bird corner and bounce around while i wait.

11. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

Loved the streams but so frustrating to see other players playing a game im really itching to play. It all looks great and i am sure now it is and has been worth the wait.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. TheKlu

TheKlu Phantasmal Quasar

All that look nice! :D

13. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Now now people; this is the Starbound Forum, not the Yogscast stream chatlog when they were playing the game :p

Patience wins all. :) (As well as a healthy dose of Skyrim)

14. SpasmFingers

SpasmFingers Void-Bound Voyager

yeah, same, but I made myself only watch small parts of it so that I can discover early game for my self

15. CuckooMetal

CuckooMetal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good Show you guys, you really blew the roof with the yogscast playing it
    very well done

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  16. Majintoope

Majintoope Master Chief

Yes there are going to be snipers (like you did propably see in "stream" you can scroll screen with out moving. snipers allows you to scroll more so you can shoot with out enemy seeing you)
    Hope that helps.

17. Cinuic

Cinuic Seal Broken

The streams from I49 were terrific. I hope to see more great things from Starbound in the near future. :)

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  18. BastianHawk

BastianHawk Aquatic Astronaut

Why are you quoting me with these statements?

19. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Man I wish more then anything I could have been there to see the game for myself. But at least with this early early build means if nothing else the game is actually working on some degree, cant wait for you guys to get everything ready for us all!

Also, I've talked with Omni a bit, and hearing about him getting the top score on DDR, all I can say is. "Of course" :rofl:

I'm actually a bit curious about what you and the rest of the devs did afterwords. I mean I don't think it was a handshake and you all parted ways, Didn't you guys party a little together?

20. Hasaosan

Hasaosan Big Damn Hero

yall should give us that demo version aswell ;)