I49 wrapup!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Legris, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Everlong

Everlong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Enjoy the rest Legris! Good to hear an update :p

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  2. JoshF

JoshF Void-Bound Voyager

Sooo... would someone be awesome enough to post this update on reddit so I can read more than the 1st paragraph? Thanks!!! :D

3. Legris

Legris Starbound pixel prince Forum Administrator

I absolutely understand that some people are getting frustrated that they are still waiting to play the game, i know how hard it can be as I am myself one of those guys who can really get involved/obsessive over a game that I'm looking forwards to. All i can really say is that we are working incredibly hard to get the game to you, in a way that will make you satisfied with it. We all believe we're working on something great here and we don't want to devaluate it by cutting corners.

Lucario, tassina, RazoR2K and 16 others like this.
  4. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

I'm really not that pro. It's just that the high score on that particular machine was really really low. This isn't even anywhere near my best effort. I had just got done doing DDR at the convention center, then like 5 sets on this machine, including 2 sets of doubles, before I decided to try to tag it. I was completely wasted the last two songs.

I guess Telford isn't exactly the DDR capital of the UK. Who would've guessed?

DSC00069.JPG

Pingeh, blind sniper, runiq and 24 others like this.
  5. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar

Compare the number of people who pre-ordered and the number of people complaining, and its quite clear that they're the vocal minority, the rest of us have no problem waiting especially if it means a more polished, feature complete and generally awesome game.:up:

And if its possible for some great suggestions to make it in the game, like bringing back space stations and customisable spaceship hulls (specially for artists like myself who'd like to add custom "hull" blocks), all the better. *wink wink nudge nudge* :p

6. Simi

Simi Big Damn Hero

Is Molly really that small, or just u guys are tall? :gooby:

tassina and LastDay like this.
  7. OmarPro

OmarPro Space Spelunker

:p hey plllllllllllllzzzzz can u release that build to the public lpzlzplzpzlpzlzplzpzlpzlzplzpzlp

8. The Collective

The Collective Void-Bound Voyager

We are anticipating the release of this entertainement known as "Starbound" very much.
    It is true that most humanoids, both organic and non-organic alike, wants to get their external physical manipulators on this entertainement known as "Starbound".
    We however are willing to wait for all the data to be compiled before it is released to the general humanoid population to ensure maximum potential for enjoyment.

End.

9. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Glad you guys had fun :D Enjoy the well earned rest and keep up ze good work :D

tassina, Axe Garian and Bethor like this.
  10. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

Will the game contain weapons such as snipers and Winchester-ish single-shot rifles? Really my favorite kind of guns. I don't think i have seen anything like it in the game yet but it may very well have just eluded me so far.
    This question isn't really fitted for this specific thread, but i was hoping someone could give me a quick answer, so I'm just going to go ahead, because I'm crazy like that.

11. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good showing; I enjoyed the dev panel of you playing, even if it was rampant with death. It was cohesive snip, despite audio issues. Glad you made it home safe!

12. Thanks for posting more photos Legris, that's so awesome of you!

I guess they will be able to wait some more, at least for the Beta to come out which will hopefully calm those people down.
    You're all doing a great job guys, keep it up!

13. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

Also, just noticed Bartwe playing comptine dun entre ete in the hungergames stream, awesome!

14. Aimlessimp05

Aimlessimp05 Pangalactic Porcupine

What you guys had was amazing, and I love it. I do at-least wish the demo at i49 was available to those who pre-order, even if most of it is not available. But remember do not rush your selves and release when you think its ready.

15. Shinjica

Shinjica Guest

After reading the 80+ thread i can assume that the majority of the minority (lol) are not speaking about the release date but some sort of miscomunication the problem.

16. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thx legris

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that i was only a few miles (if that) down the road from the I49 expo over the weekend, but couldn't get a chance to get in because work sucks and life loves to troll you :p Overall though it was, for me, a great weekend. It seemed you pretty much nailed the whole Expo and thats awesome. The Yogcast stream however.. Wow, could have gone slightly better? (They pretty much just fooled around in my opinion) And if it wasn't for Duncan of the bunch, I doubt anybody would have gleamed any light on what Starbound was about to potential new players and fans. It really makes me wonder why the other two are actually Yogs, All they seem to do is play and act stupid. But thats besides the point, Great weekend guys, Looking forward to what comes after this, Maybe possibly release that demo you used for the yogs to the public?.. High shot but well worth the ask, You had me melting in my seat of whats to come!

18. Pol8ma

Pol8ma Void-Bound Voyager

I think I'm in love with molly. But don't tell it to my girlfriend.

Ruban Crusade likes this.
  19. Epsil

Epsil Void-Bound Voyager

So, how come you were allowed to give us a specific month before preorders were a thing, but suddenly it's only the year after we paid you a million dollars?

20. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

I did wonder if something was wrong from the way you played. :)
    Sounds like a super awkward way to play.
    Nice to hear that everything went (mostly!) well!
    Such a big crowd, too!

Oh and btw both the RSS feed and the link on your post lead to http://playstarbound.com/1493/
    ...it doesn't work!