I49 wrapup!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Legris, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Title Not Found

Wow. I'm happy to hear that I49 was such a success. Is there an possibility to put the I49 build of starbound online, so others can play it too? Because I live in Germany and had to learn for school, so I couldn't come.

2. Eoghanpm2

Eoghanpm2 Star Wrangler

The showing at i49 seemed like it went really well! I'm very happy for the dev team and can't wait to see what happens tomorrow and the next day and the next. Glad to hear that despite some of the technical hicups you all felt like it was a fantastic showing. Feeling good about your own creation is the most important thing. So thanks for being true to your vision :). Yay Starbound!

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  3. Kypsis

Kypsis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All the videos made me want to play the game more. It's hard watching people ignore things: not read the desciptions of all the items, not checking all the containers for loot and such. I need my hands on the game so I could do everything right! D:
    Don't worry, though, take your time to make the game. I can wait — I still have some sanity to spare.

4. Legris

Legris Starbound pixel prince Forum Administrator

Thanks! I agree completely, we do absolutely listen to the feedback you guys are giving but we also have to stay true to our vision about the game and what we want the final product to become, some decisions you might not agree with at first but hopefully when you get to try it out it will make more sense!

XenPrime, Lucario, tassina and 8 others like this.
  5. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I didn't get to see the 4v4 hunger games :(
    Is there a recording of it?

6. Crombo

Crombo Void-Bound Voyager

Legris, you know that's not fair :sneaky: :coffee:

WILF2007 and Lucario like this.
  7. Legris

Legris Starbound pixel prince Forum Administrator

I think there was a recording of it somewhere on our subreddit, reddit.com/r/starbound sorry a bit tired to look for it myself right now but hopefully it is saved somewhere!

tassina, Israphial and Axe Garian like this.
  8. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

Looks like the game got some great exposure, can't wait to get my hands on it! Especially after seeing the yogcast playing it with such lack of enthusiasm. Keep it up!

9. Proctor

Proctor Master Chief

Oh man, Omni is a DDR pro, too? He's just too much. :laugh:

10. EstebanWinsmore

EstebanWinsmore Orbital Explorer

here's the incomplete video. i heard that they are going to upload the full stream sometime this week but i don't know when.

tassina, Axe Garian and Spacedino like this.
  11. Diemie

Diemie Orbital Explorer

Game's getting better & better! Watched all the gameplay movies and can't wait to see more of them. Great work!

12. Shinae

Shinae Contact!

Was great to see some real gameplay, even if the game is at alpha stage. It looks promising. I doubt you guys release demo build for us before beta? I guess not. But it was nice to see it. Good job.

13. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Welcome back! Glad to hear it all went so well.

Some of the natives are restless (you might have noticed an 80+ page thread has suddenly sprung up on the forum over the last few days...) so there might need to be some clarification of a few things.

tassina likes this.
  14. Sinaqui

Sinaqui Title Not Found

I watched the Yogs event stream, missed the Bart stream, and while I may not have liked the putz-around demonstration the yogs did, it was good to at least see Starbound running. I was really hoping for at least some kind of statement about beta, but I can understand that it's still a hard thing to declare, especially with first-time showtime jitters. Shenanigans on not having a clear word about beta, but congrats on a successful showing, and I'm still excited for the game to be ready when it's ready.

tassina likes this.
  15. Ninjabean123

Ninjabean123 Master Chief

I am so pumped.

16. Scottsman

Scottsman 2.7182818284590...

Is there any chance whatsoever of your loyal fans getting their hands on that demo?

17. Santamunn

Santamunn Master Chief

Staying true to your vision will produce a wonderful game, I am sure of it. But you guys are going to make the game as easy to mod as possible, right? And not just modding wise, but make it easy to implement the mods by the players too (I'm thinking "mutators", like in Unreal Tournament). This way this shared dream of ours, the premature dream of having a game that suits of everybody, which would normally be impossible to achieve, could in fact become a reality.

18. blackmib

blackmib Aquatic Astronaut

thanks for the update been waiting for this for ages
    ps looking forward to the beta

Lucario and Axe Garian like this.
  19. Diemie

Diemie Orbital Explorer

posted on first page ;)

20. yay899

yay899 Void-Bound Voyager

I almost cried watching the stream from the sheer beauty that the game had to offer. That and out of frustration at the Yogcast reeking havoc upon my first large glimpse of the terrain. Now that you mention Super Mario Galaxy I remember feeling much the same way about that game as well. I loved that game and it's such a shame that they lost that feel for the second. Or maybe I just played the first to death.

Thanks for the nostalgia.

Axe Garian likes this.