I said "HEY, WHAT'S GOIN' ON"

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You paid for access to an incomplete game and its future additions, NOT a finished product.

Echo likes this.
  2. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

I'm sorry But I have to laugh at your second point. because you paid for an unfinished product knowing it was unfinished and knowing there is still no definite release date for the complete game. Rendering the entire point null and void.

3. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

White Knights and Sheeple huh? It's called patience with a BETA. Beta is not synonymous with finished game. They're in the process of moving offices for gods sake. No one told any of you to buy this game before it was done. Just give the poor people at Chucklefish a chance to gather things up and get moved. Tiy has already said that once they're all together they'll be able to get content out much faster and if being patient is what I have to do to give them that opportunity then so be it.
    With that said, if they got everything together at the new office and started getting lax then yes, frustration would be understandable but I highly doubt that'll happen.

WolfRune, Echo, Free Cake and 3 others like this.
  4. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

Both you and the poster above are wrong. I didnt buy into a beta. On the Chucklefish official website, it says ´Pre-Order', not 'Purchase beta'. I pre-ordered starbound. In case you still dont understand, I pre-purchased the full game. The early access was just a bonus.

Would you like me to link you to the page where it says 'Pre-order'?

D-16, vanella, Kabu and 3 others like this.
  5. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This exactly is the point why i am not swaying on the disgruntled side, all the things hapenning right now give them a rough time to adjust and bring themselves back up to speed, but some people will always see an employee like a robot.

StarBrethren and Darklight like this.
  6. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Maybe I could have worded it a bit better. You paid for a product that is not yet finished, knowing it is not yet finished and the only promise you've been given about when it will be finished is "It will be done when it's done". I hope thats clear enough.

Echo and Darklight like this.
  7. StarBrethren

1- I will agree with you there, this shouldn't be called beta, it should be alpha.
    2 - Yes! You figured it out! Good! You paid for a product you have yet to receive! I'm glad you figured out what an alpha/beta is. I was getting worried for a moment.

Darklight likes this.
  8. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

Yes, thank you. It is clear.

Is it also clear that I can complain if I want to? I mean, if I dont have the right to complain, CF is perfectly free to ban me from the forums. Or do we want only Yes-men here?

D-16, misho and 7Vec7Zus like this.
  9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Now will this fix that one issue with C++ and Lua interacting poorly?

10. StarBrethren

It's not that you don't have the right to complain it's just HEAVILY frowned upon when the game isn't even done and half of he company who develops the game is literally smack dab in the middle of moving to an entirely different country.

11. MoonLitBlaze

MoonLitBlaze Big Damn Hero

HYLOTL MASTER RACE! :hylotl:

Esahc_ and Aghork like this.
  12. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

Yes, what you say is perfectly fine. But Im not complaining about the game. Im complaining about CF's choices, their priorities and behaviour, specially towards the community.

D-16, vanella, 7Vec7Zus and 1 other person like this.
  13. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

14. hrafnkel

hrafnkel Subatomic Cosmonaut

You know, I've said plenty as to my dissatisfaction with the state of the game, the rate of its development and the direction it seems to be (barely) going. But at the end of the day it's the snippy, immature and unprofessional conduct of the developers that makes me warn my friends against purchasing Starbound. There's literally no excuse for this attitude as a representative of a company, especially as its community liaison.

15. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Heh! Complain away. I have no issue with people complaining. I personally would like them to get the updates out faster aswell. I think enough people have said this already though.

I just want the complaints made to be fair. sorry to use your example here Toquio, this isn't directed at you in particular, but complaints about not recieving the product when you already knew you werent recieving the final product are a bit silly.

Echo likes this.
  16. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Their toxic community that always hounds them no matter what they do?

Paco495 and Kabu like this.
  17. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What? Like Molly said, what's hapenning back there is none of our business, if they choose to share it, they will, but we are not entitled to it, sorry but that's not a very good reason, and she was politically correct in her answer.

18. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

Try to have fun and be careful on the move!

19. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

The community doesnt hound them no matter what they do. But it does hound them when they release a patch saying 'this will allow us to deliver near-daily updates', and then update the game in two week intervals or longer.

They can update the game whenever they want, but I dont like it when I'm lied to or mislead.

D-16 likes this.
  20. MoonLitBlaze

MoonLitBlaze Big Damn Hero

You see its people like you that always start fights on the forum and cause it to be locked down! Can you just stop being immature for once in your life? Like really if you want to complain like a two year old on a game that's in "BETA" then go ahead but no ones going to listen to you.

MrRex and Ramones_fan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.