I said "HEY, WHAT'S GOIN' ON"

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Love that song so you're forgiven for putting it back in my head, though now it'll be there all through next week probably, haha

2. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

some people have bandwidth restrictions that preclude watching streaming video.

vanella, hrafnkel and Aeon like this.
  3. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

The way I look at it is that they aren't fans of the game or company if they're going to sit around and speculate. They've been working on the game as hard as they can and with all points considered I'd say they're doing pretty decent. It is that easy, it's called patience. If someone doesn't have so much as that for a company who is trying to juggle as much as CF is then you know what? Screw them, because they don't care about the company or the game, they just want their precious content.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    shadow wolf, Darklight and Akado like this.
  4. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

I find it disappointing when a Dev says here we go, this is the cool stuff we've got lined up next going into the game for you guys just to be met with what can only be described as Hate Mongering. It's no wonder I have so little faith in humanity.

5. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

I have patience. I dont sit at my pc all day cursing CF. I have alot of games that I play regularly. But every once in a while, usually when CF makes a forum post, I come back to see whats what. They can take 10 more years to release starbound, it wouldnt make me any more or less entitled to get new content. However, having already paid them for the promise of a finished game, I have every right to come here and voice my discontent, and if you dont like reading things you dont like, then Fuck You. I dont care about the game? I already paid them for it, what does caring have to do with it? Is this a business or a my little pony show?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    jonwb, killpay, Pingeh and 5 others like this.
  6. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

i'd rather be a satisfied customer than a fan, anyday.

jonwb, Toquio3, killpay and 4 others like this.
  7. Ryuu Kitsune

Ryuu Kitsune Void-Bound Voyager

I find a big problem as noted before is patience which people complaining about release times leads to unfinished buggy games in which they complain about so no matter what a company does there are people that will complain.

Akado and Darklight like this.
  8. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

it's not release times as much as it is a lack of transparency, poor communication skills, and the insistence of not following tried and true industry "open standards".

jonwb, vanella, 7Vec7Zus and 2 others like this.
  9. Stryfe_Khaos

Stryfe_Khaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As you speculate, so do i. You are neither a fan, nor a customer. You are a hired spy from a rival company, paid to undermine CF's efforts and sew seeds of distrust and resentment among the community. For reference, i cite the same non-existent conjurations of your imagination you so often reference for your false assumptions. Be gone.

Esahc_, Echo, Free Cake and 3 others like this.
  10. Fawxkitteh

Fawxkitteh Phantasmal Quasar

I hope that detailed planet stats don't take too much away from the exploration and surprise. But it does seem helpful.

Both?

Anyways, from my observations, they actually seem to care about their game, and what their fans think. I'm not too worried, so far things are going as I expected.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Ramones_fan likes this.
  11. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

Since you've gotten that song stuck in my head, I am going to literally cuddle you to DEATH.

12. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Do we have a right to slander the company? Thats a whole lot different than voicing concerns

Echo likes this.
  13. Stryfe_Khaos

Stryfe_Khaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If anything, i expect it would aid in exploration. Knowing the conditions you face beforehand would allow you to more appropriately gear for survival while exploring. I can't begin to recount how many times i was caught off guard by a planets terrain and weather, unprepared. It was either carry everything for any situation and have a full inventory, or go bare bones and die repeatedly. This system would allow one to balance for a great number of situations.

Aghork likes this.
  14. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

Congrats on missing the point. You paid for a finished game but guess what? It's still in beta and you bought it knowing it was in beta. No one forced you to buy this before the finished game.

Then wait for the finished game. People have developed this attitude of self-entitlement when they buy a beta and *gasp* not all the content is there! I wonder why!

15. ChoMar

ChoMar Orbital Explorer

Want - now

16. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

I am unsure as to whether or not that is a joke. of which is understandable as certain whiteknights and sheeple make hugely ignorant and outlandish comment, either way he has a point as he payed for the game and has every right to criticise the game as well as the developers. seeing as how nobody is exempt from criticism or anything of the such.

D-16 and Pingeh like this.
  17. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Asking for patience from a crowd of people is very unlikely, there's always the type of people that will nitpick everything about time, but there is something i should mention, people talk in a disgruntled way about time as if it was something new in the gaming industry, a bajillion games broke their dead lines to get their stuff done, it's nothing uncommon and nothing rare, it's rather normal as a matter of fact, but the nuance is this pre-release paying trend, it gave those waiting for the game a right to yell at the company like a boss yell at his employee for slacking, even if that employee isn't slacking but doing his best, but his best is never enough. (Which is, by the way, extremely unpleasant).

18. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I don't think anyone has a right to criticize the developers, since that's making it personal. Telling someone "You're doing it wrong!" doesn't help anything, but telling them "You've delivered X, but I really would like Y, so can we have this be the next patch?" is a lot more constructive.

There's no freedom of speech here, since we're technically on Chucklefish's forums, and they aren't really a public entity that I know of.

Free Cake, shadow wolf and Dust like this.
  19. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

You are the one who missed the points.
    1 - Im not complaining that the game is still in alpha (because a beta is feature complete and starbound isnt feature complete yet) and not released.
    2 - I payed for a product I have yet to receive, therefore I have a right to complain and question the behaviour of the company developing it. They are perfectly free to ignore any criticism if they so desire.

I have as much right to complain as you do the right to defend CF.

D-16, vanella, 7Vec7Zus and 1 other person like this.
  20. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

making it personal would be delving into their personal lives. and that is not the case here. as this is about business.

D-16 and 7Vec7Zus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.