I said "HEY, WHAT'S GOIN' ON"

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aw yea ship upgrades at last, thank you Chucklefish!

2. 1. We started renting the office in early February. 4-5 months? What are you talking about?
    2. There are certainly more than 2-3 people currently working in the office.
    3. It is literally none of your business.

3. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

Cool, Maybe in a few months we can finally have the more complex systems, like rebindable keys and a delete character button. But I think you will need to hire more people for those. I mean, its not like a delete char. option and proper in-game options are easy to do and stuff.

At this point, I think Chucklefish is only capable of little more than taking people's mods and putting them into the game. Maybe someone should make a mod that adds a delete character button and rebindable keys, it seems the only way basic functionalities like those are ever going to be added.

PS - Im not angry, Im just disappointed. Disappointed about this game, the missed deadlines and unrealistic promises. I was never in the habit of buying early access games, have maybe 2 or 3 of them, and after Starbound, never again. From this point onward, at least for me, its money for a product. A finished one.

4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Nope it's misinformation. And you are the one spreading it as per Molly's post

handsomeGenesis likes this.
  5. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

Please just tell me that the upgraded Floran ship will be unique and not just an Apex ship with vines. Even if its nothing but a bunch of metal plates held by plants.

6. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

your posts prior to feb. give a different impression.

i am confused, you say many people need to get work visas and the like, but many people are also in the office? which is it?

what i chose to speculate on, and my issues with CF are entirely my business. as the business i am patronizing, you can either dismiss my issues, or work to make them no longer issues. even if you decide on the former, you need to phrase it in less insulting a way.

i know you've worked in customer service molly. would you be allowed to say what you just did there? nothing changes in this situation, even though this is the internet and we are not face to face.

remember, i am the exception. i am dissatisfied, and i am telling you. the majority of dissatisfied customers do not tell the company they are dissatisfied with, and instead tell an average of four friends. is it really worth costing your company sales to prove me wrong or get the "upper hand" over me?

7. wsensor

wsensor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Question is this update going into the unstable branch or is that all going to be in a stable update?

8. Shenso

Shenso Intergalactic Tourist

The new updates are exciting, especially to the Navigation system!
    Are there any plans to 'bookmark' or 'favorite' planets?

9. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Can we all... And I mean all... Both sides of the coin, All sides... also the lateral surface of the coin... Just stop arguing for one day? Would be really cool though. One day without fighting off eachother... I am sick of seing "war" and fights everywhere. And fights are never just onesided.

Good old german writer said once:

"Himmel Herrgott die Weißen Ehrenmänner des edlen Königs sollten mal auch ihr Mundwerk geschlossen halten können und ihres Verstandes und ihrer Spezies sich beweisen und mal denken wem und was sie gerade hier blindigst understützen bevor sie so eine Hundedarmentleerung verzapfen."

Literally translated it means nothing which would make sense (For those who want to know what it means literally can ask me though, has to do with knights, their Kings and that they are just beating eachothers up). Propper idiomatic translation would be: Theres no peace and coming along with eachother, only war, fights and wrath.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    Free Cake and Akado like this.
  10. Golde

Golde Void-Bound Voyager

The new explorating UI looks very nice !

11. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

To be honest, I dont see it as 'fighting'. What I see is alot of criticism made against CF, which they are seemingly choosing to fight with forum posts instead of actions. Accused of lazyness? 'We're working soo hard, new office, hiring people, excuses, excuses, etc', where the correct response would be releasing proper content and material in a timely fashion. You know, like they said they would.

12. Drakaden

It is hard to keep disgruntled customers from voicing over frustrations, i'm sure you know how strong of an emotion is frustration, beside, you need some bad for the good to show up.

___MeRliN___ likes this.
  13. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

I see the criticism aswell, but all this well... wrath behind BOTH sides... probaly taking a break from the official section.

14. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

This development has officially been declared level 'AMAZEBALLS' by the United Systems Colonial Marines.

15. Ryuu Kitsune

Ryuu Kitsune Void-Bound Voyager

Another problem for his argument is they signed for that office on the 24th of February not last year, which means they have payed a months rent and that is all so far, and you can't tell a company how to spend the money they earned.

Mutant1988 likes this.
  16. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

It is, trust me I really know how frustrating it is... specially seing day after day after day the same shit going on... wherever it is in the TV... in the Newspaper... back at University or at home... or just when reading forums... sorry for that breakout but I am really just frustrated to see everyone just... lets say... pissing eachother off. My frustration is laying with all of the stuff going on, no matter if its important stuff like working at university/learning or meeting people... or just reading these forums is that everyone, literally everyone just wants to beat eachother... I understand that alot of you are frustrated... I understand that CF is also frustrated getting accused all the time of being lazy. But I do not understand why both parties do not try to find together a solution instead of... well keep fighting off eachother... Wouldnt that be far better then this pissing eachother off and claiming that eachother of being wrong?

17. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

I don't want a big update! I want you guys to get settled down and into your groove along with whatever else needs to be done so you can get all the great stuff you have planned done even faster!

GreenBlah and Galactic Avatar like this.
  18. Drakaden

If only it was so easy, we got all kind of flavor people, can't satisfy them all with only one tactic.

19. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

It's so easy to talk when you don't even bother following the various streams from the coders and the like where you see them actually busting their ass off working on getting stuff done. But then that's all you can manage to do.

RatixFarrence likes this.
  20. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

So what are you saying? That they work super hard, and yet, we get crumb-sized unstable patches every two weeks? I can work super hard building my own car, but any car factory can crank out a finished one in a few hours. Doesnt make my work any more productive.

Besides, its not just about the amount of work and content, its the lies or, at the very least, innacurate predictions on the delivery rates of said content. When they say a certain update will allow for near-daily updates and then we get what we've been getting, I have every damn right to be upset.

If they came out and said that updates will be arriving in monthly or in two month intervals, I wouldnt even be here making everyone aware of how upset I am now. But they made statements. They didnt come through on them, so Im here.

jonwb, vanella, killpay and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.