Modding Help I need some help with this 'description widget' thing for the crafting GUI

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Broconut, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, so I've been working on a little personal mod which makes changes to some of the GUIs for things like the songbook, codex library, quest log, crafting menus, etc. Everything is working the way it should, but there's this one little thing that bothers me.

This:
    Code:
        "description" : {
          "type" : "widget",
          "position" : [190, 50],
          "size" : [140, 220]
        },

This is located at packed/interface/windowconfig/crafting.config and it seems to have complete control over where the item name, image, description, rarity and price goes in every crafting menu.

The reason I'm having a problem with this is because I want to move the rarity and price a little bit to the left and downwards, but cannot since all of the data I mentioned above is controlled by this 'widget'.

Here's a picture to better demonstrate what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

Basically, I'm just trying to move the rarity and price into that gray bar below without moving the item name, description and image. I want that extra space below the image for longer item descriptions that sometimes get cut off by the default window height.

So my question is, how do I go about doing this? Is there a way to modify this description widget at another location in the game's assets? And before you ask, yes, I've tried changing "size" : [140, 220] to something else, but it seems to have no effect.

2. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Best Answer
    I'm not sure if you're gonna screw up something else by moving it but have a look at /interface/itemdescriptions

The | Suit and Broconut like this.
  3. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Lol, how did I not see that? I made some patches for those .itemdescription files and now it displays the way I want it to. Thanks for the reply! I checked to make sure it didn't affect the tooltips when you hover over items and they were left alone, so it's all good in the hood. :up: