1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Vanile, Jan 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Vanile

Vanile Void-Bound Voyager

Ahoy! So, I am trying to get the kestrel ship upgrade and I have all of the upgrade modules, but I can't get the fourth crew member that I need to upgrade my ship. I've done about ten different quests for NPC's in an avian town. Am i missing something or are there only certain NPC types that want to join your ship crew?

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

No restrictions. If you really suspect that something glitched out, you can always try another city, or mods. And you may want to make topic with more descriptive title than that in the future.

3. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

If youre getting really desperate, you can just hire penguins at the beak easy bar under the outpost. Id just keep doing quests for npcs

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Penguins don't count for ship upgrades, afaik

5. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Just checked, they do.

6. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Alternatively, you could also buy a fake license from that shifty hylotl at the outpost.

7. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Except they cost a fuckton of money. Seriously, they're grotesquely overpriced, starting from 10k and ending at 150k. Compare that to questing around for half an hour and having some random dudes shanghaied or converting 6 diamonds into 2 dubloons and hiring penguins.

NotChris likes this.
  8. NotChris

NotChris Space Hobo

Going to be a lot of grinding... I know how you feel

9. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Unless you black market diamondsX3

10. Vanile

Vanile Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I ended up getting the crew members I needed. I think the settlement was just glitched, I went to another planet and hired the NPCs easily. Thanks for the help!