1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

I need help please

Discussion in 'Support' started by wallaceian01, Mar 12, 2016.

1. wallaceian01

wallaceian01 Void-Bound Voyager

I've been playing for awhile now about 20 hours logged in my 2nd year and it no longer shows my save when i go to load my game. Its still in the saves folder but it isn't showing anything the file its self is still there can i get some help please maybe to show me how to recover it? please?
    it wont let me upload the save either to let someone try to fix it but if you think you can help il get it uploaded upon request.

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You posted in General Discussion - which is off topic to any game.
      You did not mention which game you are requesting help for.

Please clarify all necessary details so the post can be moved to the appropriate section.

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

I have seen this problem with Stardew Valley but I will need to know if you have made any modifications to your save file or installed any mods. What was the last thing you did in the game? I make no guarantees but I will definitely need your save file to even begin anything. I am going to bed now though so it'll be a while before I look at it.
        If it's not Stardew Valley then I can't help you, sorry.

• wallaceian01

no i havent modified the game save at all
          it just stopped showing up in the load menu and when i looked in the save folder its still there is there anything you can do to help?

• wallaceian01

stardew valley by the way moderator sorry i just got this to get help with the game im not formilliar with the forum yet

• Yusuke Urameshi

I need your save file

• wallaceian01

ok but theres the other problem it wont let me upload the file is there somthing im missing sorry if im sounding noobish but like i said im new to this forum
                it says The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. when i try to upload the save

• Yusuke Urameshi

• wallaceian01

ok i will thanks

• wallaceian01

il just give you the whole saves folder i only have the one save

• wallaceian01

• Yusuke Urameshi

Ahh I am sorry to have to tell you this but your save is corrupted and I cannot fix it. Opening it in Notepad++ gives me nothing but NULL data from start to finish. I can't read a single line that hasn't been messed up. Do you have an earlier save before this happened? If not you will have to start over, sorry. I wish I could help more.

• wallaceian01

hey if i start a new save can you change it to somewhat close to what i had before
                        like can you edit the save enough for me to change the rest in game

• wallaceian01

like before i was on the 1st day of spring i had 4 hearts with abigail and i had a coop and 567 wood 92 hard wood a steel axe and copper watering can the rest of my tools were unchanged and those are the only important things in my inventory i also had upgraded and had the kitchen in my house

• Yusuke Urameshi

• wallaceian01

ok thanks it worked well and i got most stuff back thank you

• Hamburger

Hamburger Space Hobo

• Yusuke Urameshi

Your save file is cut off prematurely, do you have a earlier working save file I can use?

• Hamburger

Hamburger Space Hobo

Unfortunately, I have not only this they can not file to help or revise me ? or I would have sent to the developer the file ?

excuse my bad English :/
                                This could be helpful )

Unable someday they simply resolve to turn back ?

it may be perhaps that it is up to xml ?
                                [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
                                • Yusuke Urameshi

I've got it working! But I need to know what year, season, and day you were on. Or close to it.
                                  The data is reset to Spring 1 of the 1st year but otherwise it appears intact. Farm, stats, relationships, inventory, etc.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016