1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hylotl Villages/Cities/Dungeons

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Visionary, Dec 6, 2013.

1. cuddlepums

cuddlepums Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are no water planets yet and no hylotl villages or dungeons, humans have one dungeon but no village either.

2. DoragonKeiyou

DoragonKeiyou Big Damn Hero

They have two actually: The Prison and the Military Site.

Edit - They being humans.

3. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

It's kinda strange that the people in the human bunkers are hostile. If you've read the codices you know that they've opened their doors and are considering recruiting non-humans, and if the human flag is anything to go by, human characters are affiliated with the USCM too. :confused:

4. Srgjazza

Srgjazza Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Floran master race.

5. WyldeFyres

WyldeFyres Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wouldn't say they're affiliated with them so much as thats the only space presence the Humans had, plus Human characters start in a USCM ship, so it's not too far fetched that they'd have some USCM flags or patterns lying around.

6. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

From a codex entry I found in one, it would appear that they're isolated and unaware of what's going on, except that communication with Earth was lost after some kind of invasion.

In other words, you're a stranger stumbling into a top secret facility without clearance while they're on high alert. Do the math on that one.

CrafterOfMines likes this.
  7. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, that's what thy did in the beginning. According to A New Policy, things have changed.

8. Pidgeons

Pidgeons Intergalactic Tourist

I talked to a random Avian as a Hylotl and it said in direct quote, "Hylotl! Let's cuddle." Adorable <3

9. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you get a few mods you should be able to get the stuff as the items are in the game, but not naturally spawning.

10. klipwc

klipwc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you download mods, the hyolt stuff are already in the game. And they are usable even on multiplayer.

Though if you try to make your own hoylt city... lets just say it wont turn out all that well, For some reason you cant "flood the world". When you remove a background the water instantly gets drained. And if your water exits a certain amount it will evaporate slowly as well, the only way to counter this is to have liquids part by part, as done in the screenshot.... <i have tried it while building this>

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  11. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is that the mod that lets you build your own ship?

And it looks amazing, I am better a building certain things but I wish I had this much creativity still....

12. klipwc

klipwc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah it is.
    Was working on a world project but it got... corrupted..
    I seem to be a big fan of satelites... since i built satelites twice already -. -
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/klip/screenshots/

13. Pidgeons

Pidgeons Intergalactic Tourist

upload_2014-1-2_10-58-26.png

I found Hylotls as bandits.

14. Granpappy Tucker

Granpappy Tucker Void-Bound Voyager

From what I've looked at so far, the hylotl cities won't appear until a new biome is fully implemented; the ocean biome. This biome actually exists in the code of the game, and can be accessed via modding and should be able to spawn hylotl cities. However, not having actually gotten the new biome to shoe up yet, I can't say whether or not the cities can spawn there. This would normally lead people to stop looking for them, but don't. As far as I can tell cities, dungeons, and towns spawn off a template and are not randomized. An indicator that this is true is that before coming to an what I have dubbed an avian temple (a type of dungeon with avians dwelling in it) there is always a flat expanse before reaching the temple. This is also true for avian towns, large apex labs, and a handful of other large structures. Because of this I think that by random chance a planet other than a modded ocean planet could have the right parameters to spawn hylotl cities, letting you see your own kind.

15. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can flood the world if you dig a few layers deep first... water doesn't leak out of the background if you're deep enough. It's the same level at which you can't teleport out by knocking out the background.

16. Minecrafty55

Minecrafty55 Intergalactic Tourist

It seems like Avians have the most different types of dungeons and cities.

17. Minecrafty55

Minecrafty55 Intergalactic Tourist

They have three different dungeons and it is easy to find one of their villages on a desert planet. Hyotls are defenantly the most mysterious race so far. We have yet to encounter Novakids structures, although I think they are going to be old western villages found on desert and arid planets.

18. Novakid assets aren't in the game yet and were planned to be developed post release with the rest of the pre-order stretch goals.

Hylotl stuff is coming as well as many more dungeons/cities/villages for the other races. The stuff that's in world right now is pretty much a testament of function check. Oceanic biome spawning is nutty right now which is why there's less Hylotl stuff. After all of the systems are functions more or less the way they're going to for release I'd expect more time to be focused on creating diverse content for the spawned dungeons/cities/etc.

19. Squaky

Squaky Pangalactic Porcupine

I have built a hylotl base underwater on an ocean planet. I had to add the ocean biome to the available planet list, and download a mod that unlocks the Hylotl items and blocks. On the ocean planets every thing below the waterline instantly floods if its not sealed, and you can actually find some quite large bodies of water. You can create a structure underwater, place back walls in a way that looks good to you, and then fill it with sand or something. As long as the back wall is totally sealed, when you mine out the sand the room will be dry. The only problem is that there's currently no way to create airlocks, or rooms that drain water, so its pretty difficult to create entrances underwater. I worked around this by creating a big tank below the entrance that I could empty using sand, but when I started filling the structure with NPCS, they kept opening the airlocks and I came back to find it almost totally flooded.

sylfeden likes this.
  20. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

There is a "drain" you can make in the 3D printer. I didn't test it, but it sounds like what you need.