1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunting -> Cooking -> Nomnomnom

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Scottish Pig, May 28, 2012.

?

Cooking: Yay! or Nay!

1. Yay! Cooking!

69.2%
  2. Nay! No cooking!

7.7%
  3. Possibly. (Maybe)

23.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Maybe. Seems a lot less likely than the fire just having a few pink/purple pixels on the edges though.

2. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

But why have those? That's what I'm wondering.

3. Pentarctagon

How should I know? I don't have inside info on their coloring choices. But if they were cooking something, they should have some tools out for it. You can't exactly cook something over a fire with only a giant pickax and bare hands.

4. TehEpikMonk

I don't see why there has to be such a realism factor in it.

5. Pentarctagon

Just as I don't see why the fact that there are some similarly colored pixels on either side of a fire as there are in a crab automatically means that they failed to cook a crab which for some reason left the legs completely untouched on the sides.

Not to mention that the image name is "lights3", so the intention was to show off the foreground/background lighting. I think if they wanted to show off an actual ingame skill, they'd have it in its own picture(s) with a better demonstration than a few purple pixels.

6. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Well I'm not too new I just don't try to rack up points, and I know when I joined but I have done a lot of research before I had this account. I think you know, but it was just a little joke.

7. TehEpikMonk

But they may have come up with the idea of taking a picture in the middle of playing, so whoever was in the igloo might've happened to be cooking at the time.

When I brought up the point about bad cooking, I was simply making response that was as bad as the point it was responding to.

8. Pentarctagon

Meh, whatever. At this point, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

9. TehEpikMonk

Yeah.

I'm sorry I responded in that way, I've had a stressful day what with end of the year tests. :/

10. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Shall we get back the picture or are you guys still going to focus on the little purple pixels?
    This is not ment to be a rude comment by the way.

11. Scottish Pig

Scottish Pig Subatomic Cosmonaut

Also what would be nice is to have a variety of different buffs for different foods (If they do have food and buffs in the first place) and it depends on what type of animal/creature that is cooked and or used in the recipe. Like as I said before, a buff like Terraria's Bowl of Soup item. We could start thinking of different types of buffs and the foods you would need for them?

12. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

I like that idea I'm in.

13. Scottish Pig

Scottish Pig Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was thinking of some sort of food you could use to increase speed to explore a world faster. Or something that increases your (armor rating)?
    Problem is that I can't think of any good ideas that don't relate to any Terraria's potions.

14. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

It could possibly just be the wood that's burning the fire. Which makes more since, because they've already confirmed that there won't be a hunger system. But you might still be able to eat food.

15. lickmyxxx

lickmyxxx Big Damn Hero

maybe they made it to warm they're body from the freeze out there?

16. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

Cooking could be fun in its own way, not for a dastardly hunger bar, thank heaven, but as a way to learn recipes that would give you different effects. With everything else we've got to collect and discover, food recipes would be yet one more way to have something to do. Granted, I don't want to kill the mobs for food, but hunting and fishing would be another fun way to add depth.

17. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

The "creature" down the hill is a bush with flowers on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.