Hunger, thirst & temperature management ?

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Hapistorique, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

I don't think this is a great idea.

How would we be able to manage interstellar travel, if we can't even keep ourselves properly fed?
    It should be safe to assume that hunger isn't an issue.

2. Deathend

Deathend Pangalactic Porcupine

well, actualy i like the idea, even better, it could be chossen in the dificulty sistem when you creathe the character, (seriously? you like more a hardcore mode that deletes your character and cant accept a hardcore that just gives hunger, thirst & temperatures?)

and on the other hand they could put somehing like the space station has a system that generates food automaticaly, (the hunger, thirst doesn't goes down on the ship) that would make the system so viable

3. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

I agree on the topic that food can be annoying at times. Instead of just a global hunger shared between each planet, just make it unique to that planet (And whenever you get back to your space station you recover your food automatically), also make it a Hardcore/Mediumcore (If we are assuming there is going to be a medium core, if there is, in medium core your space station have a infinite food supply but on hardcore you will have to resupply your food storage) option too so people who arent looking for a challenge wont have to bother with it.

Adding food also make your player able to interect even better with planets to find a suitable planet to plant food and harvest it when ready and stuff, maybe take up a notch and add cooking to make special food that increase your stats or something.

Another thing that could be made with food its not Instant dead (Although dead would be the worst case scenario if you go hungry for several days of course) but gives you debuff to your stamina, max health, speed and stuff like that. (Once again all of this is for people looking for a challenge in medium/hardcore)

4. Drayo10

Drayo10 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm just going to pin my own opinion to this.
    The concept of a hunger meter is less than glorious to me. However, the hunger variation previously mentioned--no drawbacks for not eating, but bonuses FOR eating--I think would be great. Somewhat like a buff system?

5. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Temperature could work. The hardest planet to go to should be the sun, which needs an uber cold armour to go to, and you cannot last on it for more then 10 minutes, even with the armour.

6. Xenom

Xenom Aquatic Astronaut

Do you have idea of what you are talking about? The Sun is not a planet and has a temperature of 6000ºC at the surface and 15000000ºC in the core. It doesn't have a "ground" that you can step on it. You can't go there!!

7. Jedesis

Jedesis Ketchup Robot

I have seen the hunger and temperature on a livestream.

8. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Thanks for reviving a 1 year old thread.

Can someone lock this?

Jedesis likes this.
  9. Jedesis

Jedesis Ketchup Robot

Lol :rofl: Yeah I agree!