1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you raise a floran?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Master Automan IV, Dec 29, 2015.

1. XelaBruh

XelaBruh Aquatic Astronaut

2. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

Can you please tell me where you get the infinite beef jerky supply from? I want some...:9

3. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Excavate an entire T-rex skeleton, cover it in dirt, plant the seed in its skull, and hope that it develops into a giant plant dinosaur that I can raise to obey me and me alone.

That's legal, right?

4. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

Infuse the blood of.. multiple meaty beings with the seed of a Corpse flower and wrapped around a piece of flesh as it is planted into the ground.. it'll grow into the flower and upon bloom instead of just grotesque smell and beauty, there lies a new life of sentient nature.

I will teach it to do mass farming of cows/chickens and such to sustain itself so I wouldn't have to all the time. ;P

5. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Cross the seed with a boneboo seed. Then, if another Floran eats my Floran, they'll suddenly feel inexplicably angry. I'll simply repeat this process until the entire Floran race becomes paranoid of bad feels from eating their bros. I'll tell them that it's guilt and that they're angry with themselves. Thus I will end cannibalism and become HERO!

Master Automan IV likes this.
  6. Essalure Lenara

Essalure Lenara Orbital Explorer

Same, I'd try to raise an intelligent Floran that wouldn't share the, um, more violent instincts of its race. (actually I'd just give the seed to the first person who'd take it and then run away because I'd be terrified of it, but this is assuming I kept it.)

7. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran thinksss evil ssspace hobo is a racccissst eugenicccissst.

8. Essalure Lenara

Essalure Lenara Orbital Explorer

Oh no I angered one - um - nevermind what I said! Floran are... beautifully ferocious beings! I would teach it to ssstabb everything in sight! heh...heh

9. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

Well, Florans don't have laws.
    And it's not 2016, soooooooooooo, knock yourself out.

10. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

`See those guys over there? They eat plants because they have "no feelings". Now go and eat them my little savage.ยด

11. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

How would you raise a floran?
    Water the floran and teach him how to stab bad people >v<

~ Iris ~

12. Kitler

Kitler Void-Bound Voyager

I'd probably try to educate it, teach it how to read and whatnot.

Then it'll turn into Greenfinger II and unleash a second wave of politics that affect groups of innocent people, being a behind-the-scenes guy.

Sounds about right. I will be one awesome parent.

13. ArtificialReality

ArtificialReality Poptop Tamer

Floran will ssssee to it that meatman isss made into a delicioussss sssoup before chopping off head of Floran.

14. Mariel141

Mariel141 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Floran iss pretty sstrong and can raisse a Floran over Floran'ss head, but not for very long. Floranss armss get tired. Floran thinkss thiss is ssstupid question. Floran would ssstab anybody who tried to raisse Floran.

ArtificialReality and Hellcorn like this.
  15. Severite

Severite Subatomic Cosmonaut

Florans.....really, the only proper way to raise them is to take good care of them just like that cute little tentacle monster I took care of years ago. Oddly, I seem to keep ending up in unfortunate situations.

-Severite

:nuruninja: BEWARE OF SILIAS SCRATCH -Diary of a wimpy kid OLD SCHOOL :nuruninja::nuruundead::nurunega::nuruconfused::nurukappa::nuruevil::illuminati:

"Meow" -:kitten: "Rawr?" -:kitten2: =:kitten::kitten2: :poptop:+:whaaat:=:poke::slowpoke:
    "Hi!":lolwut: DIE!:fireball:
    -My daughter:nuruhappy:

16. TheNextDecade

TheNextDecade Phantasmal Quasar

I'd raise a Floran like any other sentient being child if it landed into my care. Like a total nerd.

17. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

3 serves of white meat, 5 serves of red meat with some vegetables on the side, no fruit and lots of animal protein (dairy, eggs and the like) Every day. I'd also wear really big hats, because Florans need sunshine and I don't need any more sunshine or my skin becomes baconlike, or else my child will eat me. I'd also keep putting off telling the kid about its species heritage or forgetting because that's just how I act. I'd also teach it the basics of life, like maths, science, what things are allowed to be stabbed, at least 19 ways to defeat the overlord, you know, the essentials in life.

18. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

Someone needs to create a raise your floran game

or mod

and whenever the floran is fully grown it murders you

Such is life

19. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

If they bite you, you get to put it down old yeller style.

20. Mariel141

Mariel141 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Floran ssayss go ahead and try. Sssssss. :nuruevil: