1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use Dye?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Chandrak, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acgrim

Acgrim Void-Bound Voyager

Try picking it up in your inventory and, with it on your cursor, right click the armor. I haven't gotten a chance to try it, but that's how you repair the pick, only you use the ore that the pick is made of.

2. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

This has already been suggested in thread, with a response saying that it doesn't work...
    Read a post before responding, please. Also, I use copper ore to fix my pick no matter what type it is... Gold so far, just need to find a bit more platinum and diamond from chests.

3. Ryaki

Ryaki Big Damn Hero

Well at least we are getting closer

4. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

That might be a clue though - might actually be a tool/station as previously speculated. If theres something for it for other stuff, there might well be one for armor eventually, then.

5. Ryaki

Ryaki Big Damn Hero

So just either gota wait for someone in Dev to tell us or for someone to hit ...waht Tier 5? and check for a Clothing Dye tool

6. ExxEssivE

ExxEssivE Seal Broken

Well, i have killed all 3 bosses (that is in the game) and got the best amor/weapons. Aka T5. Still no frikkin way to dye stuff exept for the background. Would like to know how to dye my armor really bad :p

Buttercream likes this.
  7. Ryaki

Ryaki Big Damn Hero

Maybe we can't yet? if the dyes you could make since T0 were for walls then maybe thats all they are for (at the moment)?

8. ExxEssivE

ExxEssivE Seal Broken

Perhaps, since i have seen NO possible way to dye my armor... On another note, want to come to my server? :)

9. Buttercream

Buttercream Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I've been painting backgrounds like crazy, but still no dye...currently wearing a woman's hat, but it makes me look like a pioneer of some sorts! I'd just like to change the color...

Attached Files:

• ARGH.png
      ARGH.png
      File size:
      616.4 KB
      Views:
    ExxEssivE likes this.
  10. Ecleptic

Ecleptic Subatomic Cosmonaut

that cactus is totally posing for the camera

11. mickybubbles

mickybubbles Space Penguin Leader

dye doesn't work on armor or clothes yet as far as i can tell, it just doesnt work yet.
    i'm looking forward to this comin in anyway...

its only use atm is to make the paint tool, which changes the shade of some background blocks.

12. Redemptioner

Redemptioner Tentacle Wrangler

13. Buttercream

Buttercream Void-Bound Voyager

Kind of late bud, this post has been answered with everything you've put in. Be sure to read what the community has to say! Sometimes people can answer questions correctly, or in this case as best as they can~ furthermore the wiki page pertaining to dye was created after this post was made. Lastly, when you're quoting a page or source make sure to put the quotations around the text and say where you sourced it from, since your text below is directly from the wiki page.

Happy adventuring!~

Redemptioner and Ecleptic like this.
  14. Redemptioner

Redemptioner Tentacle Wrangler

I do realise that it was answered by community members, but it was never confirmed and I thought it might be helpful for those that weren't sure if it's changed since then. Thank's for the advice though and sorry for not adding the source and adding quotation marks. My excuse is that it was late and I had work in the morning =] I'll be sure to do so in the future, take care guys and good luck! (On a side note, I edited the post and made those corrections)

aiven and Ecleptic like this.
  15. Jerakal

Jerakal Aquatic Astronaut

I really wanna dye the ugly as hell later tiers of my glitch armor. Any dev response on this?

16. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Phantasmal Quasar

Top Teir Glitch Armor is crazy... But I just wear the Improvised Armor in the appearance slots, and wear the nerd glasses. :D Purple Armor for the win!

Buttercream and Cereto like this.
  17. Nooblz

Nooblz Void-Bound Voyager

I Have Some Idea On How The Dye Armor, I Know It Must Require A Certain Crafting Station... I'll Try To Find Out If There Is One

18. Nooblz

Nooblz Void-Bound Voyager

Nevermind Just Read A Certain Reply Saying There Is None... :(

19. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, fine sand.

20. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.