1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial How to make yourself an admin in your server.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Hel, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I know I am not the only one who has tried this and failed at it. But I managed to do it so I thought I may as well show some confused faces.

So the first thing is to open the Starbound Configuration file. I open it by using Notepad++. Others may use different thing but it doesn't matter.

Look for the "serverUsers" line. Either use Ctrl+F or look near the bottom for it. For me it is on line 443.

You will see it says this EXACTLY the same way I type it:

"serverUsers" : {

That's what we use.

Now basically copy that into the next lines). For the spaces press the TAB button (Button left of Q)

[​IMG]

Where I said Any User Name and Any Password just put what you want. As long as you can remember it.

Also it is VERY IMPORTANT you put the } at the end. And do this when your game is CLOSED.

If you need more help post here and I'll see what I can do.

livmuramoto likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Should add a bit about adding more than one. You need to ad a comma after the bracket between users.

Code:
    "serverUsers" : {
            "Taco" : { 
                "admin" : true, 
                "password" : "MyTacos" 
            },
            "Joe" : { 
                "admin" : false, 
                "password" : "Pizza" 
            },
            "Bill" : { 
                "admin" : true, 
                "password" : "123abcNacho" 
            }
    },

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    livmuramoto and Hel like this.
  3. Hel

Thanks for that. Hopefully if people have more than one account and had problems this fixes them.

lazarus78 likes this.
  4. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

That would be very helpful, but i can't worth to rent a server, because my bank account is disabled, then i need to find other way, to earn money.

5. Hel

You can still set up a server for yourself and some friends by launching the server on the game launcher. It doesn't charge to do that

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

But then you are effectively running the game twice, which is quite demanding on a computer. There is a reason why I set up my own dedicated server PC at home.

7. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

And i need separate computer, like laptop.

8. Hel

Didn't think of it that way