1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to give admin acces to a friend ?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Shadox2.0, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hi , all is in the title , also i'm aware about the risk but i've uncheck conection by steam and i often make backup of my file (also i've around 50 mod so if someone else than my friend come he'll be blocked or will get a crash).

So can we find something like a whitelist about admin perm (for a choosen name) , if not can i allow everyone to have acces ?
    If yes please show me location , i don't find where i can do that while browsing file.

Thx if reply.

2. Chloron

Chloron Subatomic Cosmonaut

just tell your friends to do /admin . It works for me and my friend

3. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

Give me a bit to check, the file path is a little annoying.

4. Ablekaine

Alright path from your files is Starbound > Storage (if you're on steam, browse local files or go [Drive]>Steamlibrary>steamapps>common>Starbound>Storage

Look for starbound_server with the XML configuration file type.

Open it up.

Change the top values to "true" like so

StarboundServerhelp.PNG

5. Ablekaine

This will allow anyone that joins you to use /admin. ADDITIONALLY, if you fear griefing can happen, let me introduce to you a little cheat:

Spawn yourself in this baby somewhere private and secluded on the planet you're building on...
    /spawnitem humangenerator
    it allows you to place the generator often found in many structures that prevents your breaking items until you've deactivated/destroyed it, and if you have people on the server you worry about breaking your things, simply tele to it, activate it (MAKE SURE YOU HOOK IT UP TO SOMETHING TO ACTIVATE AND DEACTIVATE IT, OTHERWISE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR OWN STUFF) and your stuff is safe. Sadly, it doesn't prevent theft from chests and stuff, but hey, it might help a bit.

6. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Thx you ^^ , he try /admin already but he don't have acces , i'll check in server config he don't stop the game x)

Also for protect i can use a command /settileprotection <dungeonid > <true \or/ false> , and in the case of the generator if never i use it a day and i fail something i can break it with world edit in any case so its ok ^^

Thx for your reply.

Ablekaine likes this.