HOW TO: Create a Crafting Station + create Custom Recipes

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dragonchampion, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Pinchy

Pinchy Subatomic Cosmonaut

An animated crafting table is no problem, you can get everything you need from the robotic crafting table files.

2. Otactu

Otactu Tentacle Wrangler

3. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

I'm confused a little about something. In a bunch of the mods it says players need to make new characters to get the tier 1 recipes to show up. But in the mods I've made, I put the recipes in as tier 1 for testing purposes and they work fine for existing characters.

Has the game been updated in a way that fixes this problem?

4. Eathed

Eathed Pangalactic Porcupine

I had this issue the other day where I wouldn't get them to show up. It seemed as though it was just a mod conflict where two mods edit the player.config file. With the merge feature, that shouldn't happen any more.

5. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks! that was the problem. I had a couple mods conflicting. I found that just removing the player.config files worked fine as long as there's a mod.info file in the folder.

6. MyrkrFloran

MyrkrFloran Void-Bound Voyager

I tried to create a crafting table to make the vanity items,but it just gave me a green box called perfectly generic item

7. MyrkrFloran

MyrkrFloran Void-Bound Voyager

There is the file starbound/assets/species, try there

8. Reetno

Reetno Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've been trying for the life of me to figure out how to do that 'learn blueprint on pickup' so I don't need to make a new character to make the crafting stations I've made, but I can't figure out what I have to put and were.
    I've been looking in all the files relating to items I know already have that, but i don't see anything in the files saying blueprint on pickup...

Edit: Nevermind. Finally found it. No one mentioned(from what I saw) what file type the 'learn blueprint on pickup' was under and I finally found it was under the .item file type. So I ended up looking under all the wrong files type... not once thinking about the .item file type... there are too many file types for this game...

Edit2: Okay, for another question, how do I set that learn on pickup for something like cobblestone?
    Edit 3: Nevermind again... figured it out. and now I finally got it working in my game~

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  9. JesseKomm

JesseKomm Void-Bound Voyager

This is a very useful guide, thank you! However I do have one question, how would one go about changing the frame of a crafting station to accommodate a new image? Also what if that image was animated? I'm trying to make my own crafting station, and I used another station's code and image(With heavy changes) so I am very curious as to how to go about this without little tedious adjustments.

10. Soniks

Soniks Orbital Explorer

Excuse me , and sorry but, when I go into my assets folder there is no "Objects" folder.. There is only [​IMG]

11. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

12. Soniks

Soniks Orbital Explorer

Gomen' Gomen', I had just now found the unpacker, watching the video as we speak.

13. Mattholomew

Mattholomew Space Hobo

Dunno if anyone else has figured this out yet, but you don't even have to start a new character to get the higher tiered stuff, either, just reuse the same upgrade that gave you the next tier blueprints in the first place, then, voila! Full access. Just added the tiered tables to mine, and it worked like a charm :D

The | Suit likes this.
  14. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

Any way to either A: Output multiple items (I keep getting crashes because the engine can't handle a list in the outputs section when parsing a recipe)
    or to B: Make a recipe such that you need a certain item in your inventory in order for the recipe to work, but that item is not actually used up?
    I tried a 0 input and just got a lot of "divide by 0" crashes (for the crafting-table style) and it just plain old didn't work for the furnace-style.

15. Decertilation

Decertilation Space Hobo

Is it possible someone could upload a downloadable file of their mod so I can use it as a resource to create my own?

16. Anfalas

Anfalas Void-Bound Voyager

I cannot get this crafting table tutorial to work. The code is to the letter, checked time and time again, started from scratch and then checked again. Nothing. Suggestions from the crowd?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it working at last. Don't know how, don't know what I did differently, but it works. Not gonna question that. :p

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  17. Lord_Epicness98

Lord_Epicness98 Intergalactic Tourist

I need help there is no player.config anymore???

18. oblivion5683

oblivion5683 Big Damn Hero

i need help someone is replying to a 7 month old thread

19. The Slime God

The Slime God Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know how to create a recipe that has more than one ingredient, I cant seem to get it to work

20. IgnaciOnline

IgnaciOnline Void-Bound Voyager

BRUH
    Now I Know Why My Custom Crafting Table Wasn't Working.
    Because Of That Damn Tag! v:<