How the Beta is going to work

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 30, 2013.

1. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

O MY GOD WERE SO CLOSE I CANT TASTE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*relentlessly smashes face into table*

2. mole_troll

mole_troll Void-Bound Voyager

i will comment on optimization and bugs, stage one and forever for me!

3. Superduperhazy

Superduperhazy Void-Bound Voyager

I've seen this moment in my dreams for so long..... and it's finally happening !!

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

No, they wouldn't. It defeats the purpose of quality assurance if they're deliberately adding bugs for the sake of people finding them.

5. sonic5202

sonic5202 Industrial Terraformer

"Is the beta soon? (probably this month?NOV), and what about the antihack? or there is not yet? will we see a bunch of hacks some hours after the release of the stage 1?"

PLEASE, RESPONSE T_T

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

No concrete date on when the beta will be, aside from this year. There's not much left in it, so it should be soon.

And I'm not sure what's lined up with anti-hack software, but I'm sure it's something they've addressed.

sonic5202 likes this.
  7. Bion

Bion Aquatic Astronaut

Awesome! Hope my paypal payment gets trough in time!

8. sonic5202

sonic5202 Industrial Terraformer

Ty this relax me :D

9. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

*Sees BETA coming soon*

Also,fuck pokemon!

Greatblackshark and Cruxifer like this.
  10. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Ok, now THIS is intelligent posting!

You've clearly set the expectations for each phase of the beta, and you've told people up front that if they don't like those expectations, they shouldn't participate in the beta. Probably people will whine about some dumb thing at some point in time during the beta, but you can just copy and paste the link to this thread as your response.

Now...if we can just get that beta out before Christmas! : )

11. Cruxifer

Cruxifer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ouch... It's times like this that I wish I weren't so poor then.

12. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't believe the folks that have shown incredulous tendencies towards the Beta should participate, since they are already upset bugs in the beta might send them overboard. Go check out the beta release official thread, 20% of those folks might hurt themselves if they have to restart in stage 1 once they discovered a planet the like.

Paco

lyrael_rayne likes this.
  13. Corpj123

Corpj123 Starship Captain

I hope we get badges. I'd love to see a cool little 'Progenitor' Badge on my forum account :3

Cloudhopper and TheKrister2 like this.
  14. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm about to lose control and I think I liiiiike it.

Ebdac likes this.
  15. joshdw4

joshdw4 Void-Bound Voyager

Aaahahahah. I love that this comes a week after Tiy's post about delays that scared a lot of people. Oh sweet ironic timing.

I'm completely torn. I hate the thought of losing my saves/worlds, but I doubt I would be able to wait. I would have a little starbound logo sitting on my shoulder saying "Staaaaaarrrrbooooouuunnnd" during inappropriate times.

Razyar likes this.
  16. Razyar

Razyar Astral Cartographer

Stage 1. Bugs are fun. :DD

17. birokrats

birokrats Orbital Explorer

Oh the Hype!!!!

18. color82

color82 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good news!

19. Mermidion

Mermidion Industrial Terraformer

Hmmm i guess i start at stage one,since i really enjoy Making lists of bugs and things to fix.so you can expect some posts from me.
    Only Problem is that i don't enjoy going through a "Post Bugs" thread that is 42+ pages long just to see if the bugs i encounter are already postet to avoid double posting .That happened in other Betas i tested in the past.
    Hope that when the time comes that they can be somekind of front page list then where all the bugs that still have been to be fixed a listed.

20. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

this is very good news :up:.