1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How much Terraria will be in StarBound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Spike, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Human-Cyborg Relations

Never have said nor would say such a thing is true. Clearly, this is it's own game, and I'm approaching it as such. I'd have it no other way.

Again, it isn't a sequel nor should it be...might it be informed by Terraria in the same way it is by the other games you mentioned? Absolutely.

Nuance? Sure....but it's a crucial one in the discussion.

I don't really care if it is or isn't...as long as SB is a great game in the end. Right now, it's all promise. If this revolution is pulled off, great....but we need to avoid the other demon as well - over-expectations.
    Hopes are rightfully high...let's see what happens!

Cheers!

Gytix likes this.
  2. CrashJac

CrashJac Orbital Explorer

I agree completely, the level of desperation is annoying. It was not directly influenced, nor is it made by the same company. It was coded from scratch and the models are different to Terraria's. The only similarity is the abillity to build (How many games..?) and the fact it's 8/16-bit. Move on, people.

3. Gytix

Gytix Tentacle Wrangler

Like you said, "It's been inspired by MANY games", one of those being Terraria. I agree that they're making an all together new game, theirs no arguing that, all I'm saying is that Terraria in some ways did influence Starbound.

Blue_Assassin, Loki ISP and Ymedron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.