1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How much can we edit planets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Spike, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Supernova

When I read the starbound introduction, the intro described the game as a sandbox adventure game. However, I didn't see anything said about being able to dig out earth and to build something out of it; I can only change the weatehr and terraform the planet a little bit after I owned it. So does that mean we can edit the planet however we like only after we obtain full ownership of it? How much can we edit planets we do not own?

2. uigfnbxs

uigfnbxs Big Damn Hero

I would think you can do anything with them. Ex: blow them up with a hand held Death Star. Woo Hoo!

3. SaneOsiris

SaneOsiris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it will be like Terraria in space! and the idea of a handheld Deathstar... O.O

4. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

You are able to dig like in Terraria and Minecraft, and there was something about controlling an UFO like vehicle which would make the terraforming easier. But we will see when the game comes out.

5. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

You can pretty much do anything to them. You could dig them up a block at a time, or launch an orbital strike on it. Though I doubt your able to completely destroy them, ie. Remove them from the universe entirely.

6. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

Turn them into anything you want, like a planet made from cheese for example.

7. Chris™

Chris™ Orbital Explorer

How can something be like it if it's unidentified? That doesn't make sense.

8. Wilcol

Wilcol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's made out of Ninjas.

9. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Seems to be similer to other mining/building games, but simply in space with other features

10. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

I just said "UFO" since thats what I heard.

11. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

Yes, while UFO does mean Unidentified Flying Object, people now use it as a general term for space-ships that aren't shuttles or rockets.
    Wait a moment, If we have rockets then I'm going to play out the space race in multiplayer, I'm going to be soviet russia, obviously.

12. Stephano

Stephano Void-Bound Voyager

Due to Tiy being a Terraria dev back in the day. I imagine it will be much like Terraria.

13. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

GIANT GRIEFING much?

14. Brainirrigation

Brainirrigation Void-Bound Voyager

There will probably be some sort of way to keep someone from altering a planet you have under your control (at least by ship) until you're booted off somehow.

Ted Gu likes this.
  15. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

i know lol , next question what kind of giant editting will be coming ? like a whole biome or just a planet sized house?
    (challenge: giaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant pixel art? :3)

Ted Gu likes this.
  16. Spike

Spike Supernova

Like for example, claiming a planet as your home planet. I sure hope we can claim more than one.

17. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

will that make able for multiplayer wars for planets? or something? just asking :D

Ted Gu likes this.
  18. Brainirrigation

Maybe only one home planet, but colonies can be established elsewhere which are the things that can be wrecked and destroyed while home is safe (relatively at least).

Ted Gu likes this.
  19. Spike

Spike Supernova

Good morning gentleman, how are you. All your colonies are belong to us.

[​IMG]

20. Brainirrigation

Could not have said it better lol

Ted Gu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.