1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kaboinglefop, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

Oh~ i play it every so often, i mean. i'm not super hardcore deep into it but that's mostly because i want end game to be fleshed out.

most of my time is taken up trying to make farms or create a super structure for all my NPC's. the new Npc's are definitely going to give me reason to keep playing.

so yes, i believe in it.

2. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I don't understand the context of the question.

TrueEdge likes this.
  3. Shasta

Shasta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I always see this argument presented "I would rather wait for a good game"

That's all well and good, assuming that the developers are working at a standard pace compared to other companies. From my "waiting" experience, their "Quickest updating phase" had one update in a years time. You can wait if you want, but take it from me who has been waiting and burned multiple times by Chucklefish, don't wait on this game. They will only disappoint you like they have the thousands of people who aren't on this forum to tell you otherwise.

The forums used to be an active place, thanks to Chucklefish and their "updates" about 80% of the community left a long time ago. In fact i'm only here to see how far it's progresses since I last played 5 months ago, and I have to say I am yet again disappointed. For some reference Terraria's small development team is only a few days to release the 1.3 update which will almost double the content of the game.

Asking questions like this on Starbound's forum where only the roleplay furries still play the game for nude mods is like going to a confederate forum and asking their opinion on minorities.

Want to get the opinion of a person who has been following the game since 2012? I stopped believing in starbound after the 4th delayed speculated release date. See you guys in 6 more months.

4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Would you kindly not pull figures out of thin air? Also roleplay furries? Really? go back to the steam Forums where you belong.

TrueEdge likes this.
  5. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

It's funny because when the game finally updates you just KNOW him and others like him are going to come back and play anyway.

I mean, if you already paid for Starbound, you're going to play it. Disappointed or no.

6. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Oh I have no doubt. It's a very common trend but no less aggravating in its nature.

DJFlare84 likes this.
  7. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Hey all,

The last few posts haven't been leading to a productive line of discussion (nor are they on topic). Please keep things on-topic and respectful.

Thanks.

Darklight and rhomboid like this.
  8. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

You are absolutely correct, and I am truly sorry. I let anger get the best of me for a moment. I deleted the post. Again, very sorry.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I can or can't believe in Starbound as much as I like. It doesn't change the fact that it exists.

10. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

I said that I did not participate in the debate but...

Yes, the game takes time to be done, but so what if we're not 10 billion on the Forum, it is better to lose a few members, I prefer to avoid the huge communities where anyone is a corrupted moderator and all the members acts like a moron. Here at least staff members are cool and people too it's far better.
    Returning to the game I don't play Starbound to play "Game of the Year" I play to have a good time with my friends and invent scenarios, I enjoy the game without taking my head off.

Okay I'll stop there, I specify that none of what I said is against you or someone else.

11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

If starbound development was like Interstellar, it would require Tiy spearheading the effort but ultimately losing faith in it due to theoretical Lua scripting to save humanity with Starbound too OP for him. Humanity is being destroyed by the new survival mechanics being implemented (hunger and food spoiling)

The cause to fix this and save humanity would be taken up by Kyren, Metadept's daughter,who would believe Metadept left her on a fool's errand to find a new suitable lua script, near the Tiled Singularity, believed to have been left there by there by the Chucklefish.

GeorgeV, Kyren's brother, is less enthusiastic, and farms before the new survival mechanics destroy humanity.

Meta travels with OmnipotentEntity(the guy who ages), Molly (the mission focused lady) and the twin computer slabs Doris and Rosie.

Supernorn(Matt Damon) would be on one of the Lua scripts orbiting Tiled, unfortunately he goes mad and uses his beacon of success to get off his Lua script(sorry to throw you under the plot bus). He also blows up OE and Doris as they discover his plans.(again, plot bus) while molly saves Meta from the sudden yet inevitable betrayal.

In an effort to simultaneously see if the remaining Lua script would work and what's in Tiled, Meta fools Molly in going to the second Lua script,and he takes Rosie with him for computer science while in Tiled. It is there that he realizes that they are the Chucklefish, the Chucklefish of the future.

The power of Tiled give Meta and Rosie the means to inform Kyren of how to finish Starbound, go find the suitable Lua script Molly's found, and, to Tiy's tears of joy in the afterlife, SAVE HUMANITY!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  12. 10/10 would read again