How ''magic'' would fit

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by DevilForce, Jun 15, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes! i like it!

41.1%
  2. No, i dont like it.

45.2%
  3. I dont care.

13.7%
  1. Username5679

Username5679 Guest

How is this magic? From what you said it just sounds like flamethrower. I don't see how you would need to study a scroll in order to learn that when you have laser guns and space monkeys.

Bombzero, Daston and Alvin Flummox like this.
  2. DevilForce

DevilForce Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mate, forget the flamethrower already! And yeah, you find a scroll and you can instantly tell what the hell this is, what it says, from what age this is and tell that this is a fireball spell from a magic spell collection where there are only hieroglyphs it contains by just looking at it, right? It IS a magic spell and FFS read the other replies i made because i hate to repeat my self.

3. Sensational

Sensational Phantasmal Quasar

Magic, should exist in this game.
    Avians exist, why not magic?

DevilForce likes this.
  4. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

How wouldnt it fit

I<3Terraria likes this.
  5. DevilForce

Then vote! ^^

6. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

I agree with Daston magic is undiscovered science.
    EDIT:On second thought using a mechanical arm is a better idea. I stand by with what I said though
    EDIT 2:The magic thing.

DevilForce likes this.
  7. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

You could have an electrical discharge rarely while using mechs
    EDIT:I said rarely twice

8. DevilForce

Would suck in a boss battle if you are intensively evading its attacks, you get discharged and you die with half a mil lost.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fireball::devil::cry:
    But a good idea.

9. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

No!! You don't die everyone else dies:ssssssssss:

10. DevilForce

I meant you get discharged and fail to evade like a killer attack and die.

11. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

Oh!Actually I meant discharge like bolt of electricity from mech with limited damage to mech.

12. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I have an idea, the scroll would tell you how to craft a crystal, that, you mod a weapon with.

13. DevilForce

Nice idea! ;)

14. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I have no idea why people are trying to fit magical stuff into a sci-fi game when you can recreate most of the effects with classic sci-fi write-offs. I'm going to have to vote 'no'.

15. DevilForce

did you even read the thread?

16. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I did, but it still seemed too magicky to me, sorry.

Perhaps I should clarify. There's no need to simulate actual magical spells, THAT is not sci-fi, that's something more along the lines of science-fantasy.

17. DevilForce

you are wrong. This has nothing to do with spellcasting, thats why magic is in notation marks! The only part that is magical is the scroll! You dont actually spellcast or use mana.

18. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

That's the point, it's basically a workaround; magic made with science. It's pretty clear Chucklefish doesn't want to go that route or they would have allowed magic to begin with.

19. DevilForce

First you said its too magical EVEN when i Edited it, then you said its only magic made with science.

-----

wat.

Mate, this stuff is like magic but the only difference is you use weapons instead of hands to shoot the frikkin' fireball that is in the scroll!!!!!!!! HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND FFS!?!? :fireball:

20. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Don't get angry, Eridan, because what I am saying is pretty basic too.
    It's still magic. Just because you use science to use the magic does not make it NOT MAGIC. Did you miss the part where the piece of paper told you how to shoot fire?