1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How evil are you ?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Hoperealm, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Also, I may have a thing for killing random NPCs that wander into my execution chamber.

[​IMG]

In the shot, a friendly creature burns alive after having been shut in the cell before the floor dropped away to a lava pit. Being a tier 10 planet, it died slowly and very much trapped. (Depicted: Burning creature in the pit, trap-floor with the lever, and the two wall switches govern the two portcullises. They make a satisfying sound whenever they slam closed on their hapless victims. <3

2. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

upload_2014-9-8_5-9-4.jpeg

rly rly bad?

not the devil?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    BloodyFingers likes this.
  3. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

And the whole world has to answer right now...

4. ValentineVxx

ValentineVxx Orbital Explorer

Actually...

5. LethalShade

LethalShade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  6. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

I only approve of this many many times

7. LethalShade

[​IMG]

Their main building... Accidentally collapsed... That was not my fault at all... :halo:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    BloodyFingers and The Squid like this.
  8. Rykhan

Rykhan Void-Bound Voyager

What is this, Dwarf Fortress?

I usually turn into a psychotic klepto whenever I spot a town. When I'm not knicking everything in sight, I have this game I like to play where I plant down an airship propeller in the little spot on my ship where anyone that teleports on gets gibbed by the propeller blade... and then we wait. My friends and I usually use my ship to get around, so it's only a matter of time! Of course, it did backfire on me a couple of times before you were invulnerable on your own ship >_>

9. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

I might have murdered most of my village's population because of my rage after it was destroyed by a meteor shower :unsure:
    (The meteors got the rest)

10. Cipherstar

I made dis.

[​IMG]

It does this:

[​IMG]

When activated with a hidden switch within the base.

In case it's unclear- The skull opens it's mouth, it's not just a light trick. The switch is also connected to the red lighting within the vault.

By nature of the mechanism used to make it open and close it's mouth I can't get red light to go around the skull as well, though that'd be cool.

I probably could by being more selective, but I'm too lazy to go that far ._.

11. krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

When I played with a colony mod, I set up a nice little colony and made the colonists a mine so they could get materials. But I didn't build a supply pile, so the stuff the colonists were mining was just falling in the floor. So I built them a supply pile, and checked what they could get. Diamonds were on the list, to my surprise.

I tore down their supply pile to see if they'd drop any. And as expected, they dropped diamonds. Not diamond ore. Full blown diamonds. From then on, I threw away the supply pile. They weren't allowed to gather colony resources anymore. It all belonged to me. They only had one house and four beds to live in. The entire colony was walled in to keep the monsters out, but more importantly, to keep the colonists in. Every single colonist was sent to the mines. There were no breaks; if anyone put away their pickaxe and walked away, I immediately forced the pickaxe right back in their hands and shoved them over to the mines. More and more colonists arrived, expecting freedom, but were only pushed into the diamond mine.

Tens upon tens, hundreds upon hundreds, I had all the diamonds I would ever need. A diamond drill was absolutely no problem. If I was short on pixels due to that damn losing 30% on death, I could just smelt some diamonds, gain thousands of pixels. My friends were quick to deliver a "what the hell?". But I didn't care. I had all the diamonds I could ever need. I was rich. I was invincible. I... I...

I am an asshole.

12. Cipherstar

I built my succubi colonists a large system of tunnels built of flesh and bone where they had a large number of bunkers, a few kitchens, two smiths, four large fields and a cavern of mines. Sunshine and happiness in the land of the dead amid the towering rib spires. With my recent skill at wiring, which I avoided doing in the past for laziness sake, I built an execution chamber in the middle of the colony to solve an illegal cloning problem among my people who have a habit of duplicating themselves using illegal technology reserved only for the elites such as myself, but also having the audacity to walk around in pairs. Pah, they got what's coming to them. Also helps control overpopulation.

Plenty of fun to be had with the Colonies mod.

13. LethalShade

I'll try this out. But I prefer destroy things rather than create them (except for my super duper secret base in an asteroid field *evil laugh*). Let the galaxy burn!

14. Cipherstar

I think I'd I'd be right in saying any evil lair needs something along the lines of this. Made this last afternoon but was waiting to post it until after I had a victim or two so they wouldn't be spoiled if they saw before hand~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Those are the instant death spikes, not the damage over time spikes.

15. LethalShade

Damage over time -> more suffering -> better

16. Cipherstar

Damage over time = escape. I'm a tier 10 player with other tier 10 players and damage over time takes a LONG time to kill anyone at this tier, long enough that if you even had just the base matter manipulator you could escape at the very least and I don't expect any NPCs or monsters to pull a switch. The only way you could escape this, however, is if you were expecting it and had a Blink or flight tech ready. I personally prefer blink, more style.

The no reason to be upset posters are also highly visible in contrast to the low red visibility, so they are more likely to have their attention drawn to A) The
    skull or B- The posters, before noticing the low-visibility spikes in what precious little time they have left to react. Edit: +, the posters are hilarious.

The suffering is reserved for non-players, such as my execution chamber featured earlier which would slowly melt monsters while spikes on the bottom can kill players, because it was anticipated that both could cross to that area and I have slowly killed many'a creeps and a player within it. (This trap, however, has had a 100% fatality rate with 2 player victims).

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  17. LethalShade

*Bows in admiration*

I found my master...

18. gabrimatx

gabrimatx Void-Bound Voyager

Killed my Brother when he found gold! :mad:

19. Fullmaple

Fullmaple Void-Bound Voyager

my face is the real defenition of evil.

[​IMG] LOOK AT IT

BloodyFingers and Hatsya Souji like this.
  20. LethalShade

Unturned spotted.

BloodyFingers and Hatsya Souji like this.