Modding Help How do I remove my character's hitbox?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by CrazyYoyo3D, Apr 26, 2015.

1. CrazyYoyo3D

CrazyYoyo3D Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever I play on Starbound I usually go on to multiplayer with several characters and play with the band system, but 9 out of 10 servers I play on seem to have some player joining at some point that will kill players with modified weapons somehow.

Since these sorts of players seem unavoidable, what I want to do is remove my player's hitbox so that I can play music without getting blown up deliberately/accidentally by other players.

I'm not very experienced in any sort of coding or modding though, the furthest I got in starcheat was changing colours and item descriptions.

Does anyone know how to do this that could tell me, please?

(Also, sorry if I don't respond to your post very quickly, I'm very forgetful and will probably forget to check the thread for replies)

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Cosmic Narwhal

hit boxes are player side so even if you removed your hitbox via a mod they would still be able to kill you

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Could instead make a set of armor with like 999999 protection and 999999 health.

4. CrazyYoyo3D

I've seen some players that don't take any hits from attacks or player kill weapons so I'm sure there's a way.
    I tried that, but I can still get killed by some players. It's great for ignoring falling damage though.

5. lazarus78

Then your best bet would be to not stick around the starting planet.

And there is a "No fall damage" effect you can add. I use it on my armor, along with the stick lamp glow.

Code:
    {
            "op" : "add",
            "path" : "/statusEffects/-",
            "value" : "nofalldamage"
        }

Slap that in a patch file for your favorite armor and call it a day.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. CrazyYoyo3D

The only problem with that is that the starting planet is the only planet with anyone to play music to, going to any other planet loses the point of playing the music.

(Also, I tried using the nofalldamage code but the armour I used it with turned into a perfectly generic item item. I probably messed up on the code somewhere.)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  7. lazarus78

Imay have messed up on the code. I had to slightly change it from how Im using it, which I may have done wrong.

Anyhoo, That sounds like a personal problem. Personally I find the people playing the music to be an annoyance cus it overlaps with the superior game music.

Do you want an audience, or to be safe? Can't have both in your current state it seems.

8. Murlaine

Murlaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly the easiest fix I found was just using the ILikeCheating No-clip tech suit. It essentially removes your hitbox and works on multiplayer servers. Other than than editing the player file in the assets and turning it into a mod might also work, but that probably just becomes client-side = \