How about that character creation?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by DeVoid, Mar 20, 2012.

1. GalacticRooster

GalacticRooster Big Damn Hero

On Terraria, I once tried to make Groose from Skyward Sword...
    It didn't really work out, so Starbound had better have pompadours!!

2. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

I think Starbound needs 20x more customization than Terraria, to make sure moments like this never happen. I'd really like to conquer the galaxy as Ghirahim one day, then maybe Count Bleck (or Dimentio) the next.

3. Space Core

Space Core Pangalactic Porcupine

we definitively need killer pompadours in here

4. friendswhogetexcited

friendswhogetexcited Industrial Terraformer

FSM

Space Core likes this.
  5. jaxter0987

jaxter0987 Big Damn Hero

I would want to be a Yoshi, but what will most likely happen is that your character can only be customized into something Humanoid T.T

6. Palladion

Palladion Subatomic Cosmonaut

Imagination, dear Watson. Instead of being a simple human, be the Yoshi.

I'd probably be a fresh, newborn T-Rex born from a cocoon in the soft monsoon.

7. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

I don't really want to be anything else than a human. Buuut I guess if I'd have to choose something, I'd pick something like an Argonian.

8. DeVoid

DeVoid Void-Bound Voyager

Wait, so you would like to give up the chance to be Chewbacca? :speechless:

9. Sky

Sky Subatomic Cosmonaut

Skyrim-like character creation? Anyone?

10. Hakjabtholah

Hakjabtholah Void-Bound Voyager

In my opinion going that far is too much. I love the idea of races, a penguin would be fun ^_^ , but the idea of having different perks based on race is a turn off for me unless it's purely cosmetic. With a game like this that has so much option for customization as you progress, I think that being stuck to a race and missing out on others would mess things up.
    A way around this might be a method you could use to change your race after creation such as an item or an NPC.

To make myself clear, I'm all for separate races but being stuck to one in a world of options would stink.

11. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh and every time I hit my gun will crit.
    :p
    And I'll use a curved sword as well and eat oranges to remove stuns from me.

12. Shotacon

Shotacon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Got to start with boots for extra mobility though. :D But no in all seriousness I'd love a space pirate too, just kind of reminds me of Mega XLR, was a good show.

13. Eta

Eta Pangalactic Porcupine

What if we could upload our own custom sprites... ZOMGo_O

14. Shotacon

Shotacon Subatomic Cosmonaut

That would be a nice luxury to people who could make sprites, but then you'd still have to code your sprites, am I right?

15. Eta

Eta Pangalactic Porcupine

Yep, and then we would have to make multiple sprites for movements, etc..., so probably not a feature to expect..:confused:

16. PokemonAce101

PokemonAce101 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe they can add like a "base code" so you just upload your sprite then uses those movements? (?)

17. S'now Face - Chamcham

S'now Face - Chamcham 2.7182818284590...

i know this is at the beginning of the post, but...
    It would be cool if there were some kind of mini-games in which you would try to get the other side of a busy PvP arena with a lil' penguin trying to get to its mama...

18. PokemonAce101

PokemonAce101 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I see my pengiun idea is good. 0_0

S'now Face likes this.
  19. fishboyliam

fishboyliam Cosmic Narwhal

If your a penguin, I assume you start is a space zoo :rofl:.

NOTE: It said pangolian before. I dk what it means, sry if it offended anyone (such as its a nationality, and i seamed like i called you animals).

20. Chezwolf

Chezwolf Aquatic Astronaut

Mustaches and Hats. That's all I ask.