Hotfix 4 for Enraged Koala is out.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Whiplashr

Whiplashr Space Penguin Leader

So, there is still a 5th patch/hotfix coming? I thought I saw it said there was a 5th one being pushed, but we are still on 4? Or are we patched fully for the moment?

2. joriandrake

joriandrake Subatomic Cosmonaut

yes a 5th, and maybe more, i hope we jump from 5 to 7 tho, as reference to Larry 6

Whiplashr likes this.
  3. luukee

luukee Master Chief

jaaaaaaaa my backup works :DD everything has been restored! thanks for the amazing work. mistakes happen and you will learn from it, therefore the game can only get even better! keep up the good work, you deserve to get drunken tiy! love you!

4. Sese

Sese Pangalactic Porcupine

I played offline yesterday. Good to see that the bug with the shiplocker and other boxes are fixed.

This new bug with home planets and missing Alpha sector affects only the new characters or the old ones too?

Nm, I will play it today offline again.

5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

idk what people do but for us (on our server) all is ok , all is work ... and same on solo

6. StCardinal

StCardinal Void-Bound Voyager

Of course we did! We're the fuc*$# Kings!

7. Starbounder86

Starbounder86 Space Hobo

deleted ship info for old and lost alpha sector icon so....
    its affecting both my old and new now after i deleted old ship data to test if i can get locker back it did but my alpha sector no longer there in single player but is there on multiplayer

8. English please, next time I'm going to delete it =)

9. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

again, thank you for the frontpage post. also for the hard work for 5 hotfixes.

10. Serpensio

Serpensio Big Damn Hero

So, I'm still a bit confused about this issue.

Thankfully I have been on an brief hiatus these past 2 weeks and so I didn't play when Enraged v. fouled everything up, meaning my player/world/ship files haven't been saved since Furious v. I did however have automatic updating on, so while I was online, my game patched anyway.

Do I still need to delete my ship file, or will I, since this hotfix is out, be able to log in and play normally without losing my items to the bugs from the unfixed patch? If I do need to delete my file, which one(s) do I delete? In the player folder is a whole slew of PLAYER, SHIPWORLD, and METADATA files. (I've only played 1 character since Furious was released)

Also, if I wanted to regen my universe completely, which files would I delete? And would doing so force me to spawn at a different star system than where I was beforehand?

11. imanevildr

imanevildr Seal Broken

I didn't get any stuff back but the shiplocker is back in my ship now so I've got that going for me. Thanks for that. I really like this game! : )

12. soundtrick

soundtrick Big Damn Hero

Lost a lot of my Floran things, a chest full of seeds and a Plague Mask that I was really treasuring...as well as my ship locker and everything in it.

This sucks. I'll try to find an in-universe explanation for it, but it's really uncomfortable....

13. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

I'm having an issue with restoring from my back-up: I replaced my player folder with a back-up player folder I made yesterday (while my ship still had the locker), but when I try to start the game, there are no characters to choose from: the list is empty. Does anyone know what happened here? All I did was delete the player folder, then paste the backed-up player folder in its place. I was not running the game while replacing the folder, so I wonder what went wrong here...

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working now. I tried restoring the back-up again, and for some reason, my characters are back in the list now, and my ship locker is also back. Thanks for the hard work, Chucklefish!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  14. The Feta

The Feta Aquatic Astronaut

I actually prefer my ship without the locker I put my valentines bench there instead. I am not going to bother fixing it. Good work Devs on the fixes.

15. QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is the irony intentional of you circling the part where it says "beta, bugs expected" while pointing out that they failed to update the string with the new patch name? If it wasn't, you should say it was anyways.

Well, as long as you still have the fuel container, would be very difficult to explore the universe without it.

16. Malor

Malor Tentacle Wrangler

Still unable to play until the Celestial parse bug is fixed.

17. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is that the volcanic / magma FTL dropout issue?

18. 0verseer

0verseer Space Hobo

Managed to fix my problem with server not updating.
    Made a copy of /starbound/ folder, deleted original /starbound/ folder.
    Reinstalled with steamcmd, linked libpackages, moved universefolder back from backup and fixed permissions.

Server up and connectable.

19. Broken Realms

Broken Realms Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does anyone know if the fix to delete your shipworld deletes your 3d printer's cache? I've been hesitant to do this because I've already lost tons of chests on my ship, and my ship locker, and don't want to also lose all the neat things I've scanned into my 3d printer by deleting my shipworld file. If anyone can confirm that it doesn't remove the list of things scanned into my printer, or shed some light on this I'd appreciate it greatly.

20. Broken Realms

Broken Realms Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pirates.