Hotfix 4 for Enraged Koala is out.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Awesome, very glad I never loaded up my Starbound :D

2. crybringer

crybringer Void-Bound Voyager

Just saying THANKS DEVS! Patience with the updates prevails, everything restored!

3. Capt_Electron

Capt_Electron Big Damn Hero

As long as you haven't launched the game yet your player and world files will not have been changed. Back them up before launching and see what happens.

4. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

So, I never launched the game once chests broke, can I just update Starbound, launch the game and be fine?

5. Sherio88

Sherio88 Big Damn Hero

This is probably the first time, however unintentional, that I've seen players rewarded by a game for NOT playing their game.

6. InfernoX222

InfernoX222 Aquatic Astronaut

I lost all of my saplings and seeds and didn't see the warning before getting on :(

Sadness.

Glad its fixed guys, keep up the great work! I wish I had bugs to report but you guys have done too amazing of a job ;)

7. Capt_Electron

Capt_Electron Big Damn Hero

In theory yes. Back up your Player and Universe folders first just to be safe.

8. Digerati

Digerati Void-Bound Voyager

Confirmed. On the multiplayer server I logged into I was like "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG it's fixed! Wait, it's still broken!"

Then I remembered I needed to update the server. :p So I put through that request, moved over the files from my backup to replace the ones I'd just borked, logged into the server after the update and BLAM! Everything is back!

Just a future note for other people: When I discovered there was an update I went ahead and backed up all my files. It has saved my proverbial bacon.

9. Mythekos

Mythekos Big Damn Hero

Hey, guys. I haven't played since before the locker/chest destroying hotfix. Does anyone know if my my ship lockers and everything will be fine?

10. SexyGoatGod

SexyGoatGod Space Spelunker

Any fix to the "incorrect index block signature"? Because that's what really needs to be fixed for me and the other people with it. I can deal with loosing 30+ crates of items but I'd like to actually be able to play the game.

11. Mythekos

Mythekos Big Damn Hero

Nevermind, lads. Just went on and everything is intact. C:

12. SpitefulCrow57

SpitefulCrow57 Orbital Explorer

Yup. Same here. Can't set home and unable to use warp. This patch has caused more bugs than fixed them. I couldn't get my server to start up until I completely uninstalled and re-installed the entire game. Both my wife and I are both having the same issue with the Set Home button. Both are running Windows 7 64x

13. Starbounder86

Starbounder86 Space Hobo

what about the no alpha sector icon bug that was introduced with the enraged koala update?

14. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I know what he said.I know the german language.I was just saying that he speaks english so everyone else can understand him.

15. joriandrake

joriandrake Subatomic Cosmonaut

SimCity, Settlers 7, WoW... et cetera o_O

16. 0verseer

0verseer Space Hobo

Soo... have steamservers picked up the new server version yet?

I've updated both my client and Starbound server on my Centos machine, but still get version missmatch.
    Client: 639
    Server: 636

Whats up?

17. SweFox

SweFox Guest

It comes out the same time. As soon as they said the patch was life I went to steamcmd and updated my server.

18. Kayhighwindrox

Kayhighwindrox Void-Bound Voyager

I am still experiencing problems with setting a homeworld, it still doesn't seem to work, is it because I don't have any fuel or something?

19. 0verseer

0verseer Space Hobo

Yea me too.
    I went into steamCMD and used "app_update 211820", it says success.
    Validation does nothing... :zzz:

20. Starhowl

Starhowl Phantasmal Quasar

Haha, rough times? I appreciate your transparency and bluntness on the matter, and of course the hotfixes are great too :)