Hotfix 4 for Enraged Koala is out.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Feb 20, 2014.

1. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He is very unhappy, that all his chests (and the things who were in there) are gone and he has to start farming again.

2. LimpPimp

LimpPimp Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome work dev team! I think the game is awesome right now, and it keeps getting better... Mega-Awesome. ;)

- Omni: Just don´t drink too much... it´s not good for your health.

3. Horst Freigang

Horst Freigang Space Hobo

Das Problem soll beseitigt sein. Und bei einer Beta kann sowas passieren. Das hättest du wissen sollen, bevor du Geld für ein Early Access Spiel ausgegeben hast.

He/she/it only was complaining about the lost stuff. Nothing to worry about. ;)

Ἄνουβις and Dyskord like this.
  4. Katxalote

Katxalote Master Chief

Great work, thank you!!

And happy drinks ;)

5. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

I've got all my stuff back! (YAY)

But...

Errrrr.... not sure how to put this...

Beds and chairs have become unusable... again :\

6. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

They're fine, try picking them up and putting them down again.

ThatMadCat likes this.
  7. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gee, you must be real fun to be around. Besides that, what others said: English forum, so use english.

8. FroggyFresh

FroggyFresh Void-Bound Voyager

The only one you have to blame here is yourself.

http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/

9. HardLimiter

HardLimiter Poptop Tamer

First, I´m german and sorry for my bad english.

I know it is a Beta Version but I thought they will test their updates for bugs? Than it would not be happened with lose chests and fuel station.
    I created a backup etc. but it made be worse. My ship is now empty (everything is gone) and my chests aren´t back. I lost all resources and `´m sitting on my home base without resources. But I will not start a new character, sorry. I´m done with Starbound now for first time.

Please, shut up. He is only disappointed because he lost his stuff like a wipe. But I´m wondering why this "indirect" wipe happened? They should test their updates...

Aeon likes this.
  10. Geneticfate

Geneticfate Big Damn Hero

You deserve those drinks. Thanks for fixing these glitches. Everyone appreciates it for sure.

11. DrDee

DrDee Seal Broken

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  12. Dublicious

Dublicious Void-Bound Voyager

So right now, if I haven't logged in since all of this started I should be good to log in without worrying about backing up/deleting files/etc, right? My assumption is "yes" but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks!

13. Kiop

Kiop Orbital Explorer

yes, AFAIK, that's correct, but I'd back up anyway so that you have a fallback if you need it in the future.

14. Dublicious

Dublicious Void-Bound Voyager

Thansk for the reply. Good point, I'll back up anyway.

15. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

This patch still has not fixed the 'Set Home' bug i and several others are having, as a matter of fact it only made it worse as now i CAN use warp home but it doesn't take me anywhere it just removes my character from the screen.

as a matter of fact the hotfix 4 only caters to those players who don't delete their characters with each update. so im waiting for hotfix 5 now to fix my set home issue

16. aurynchild

aurynchild Yeah, You!

Thanks dev team for busting ass to fix this, def shows you guys care about your community!

:rolleyes:

17. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So.. Arent these hotfixes pushed via steam currently?
    Started steam, saw no update notification, whatsoever, but the hotfix still seems to be applied (can set a homeworld). However, no alpha sec selectable / icon missing.
    *scratches head*

18. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

5 hotfixes in a row you say?

You are filling me with confidence chucklefish. get your act together.

:warning: This comment contains multiple layers of Sarcasm. viewer discretion is advised.

19. SaitaM

SaitaM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Keep up the hard work guys!

20. kcela

kcela Starship Captain