Hotfix 4 for Enraged Koala is out.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Get some sleep. Have a Drink. You've done enough for tonight. You've more than earned it.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Mendacium

Mendacium Industrial Terraformer

Great job Omni and the rest of the Dev team. If you are a scotch guy, may I suggest trying Sheep Dip Scotch Whiskey...it's an up and comer in the scotch world and will probably be considered one of the better blends available in the upcoming year.

3. Lusfella

Lusfella Big Damn Hero

Glad to see the issue fixed. It's really unfortunate when these things get rushed.

Sha Seng likes this.
  4. YoAdrian

YoAdrian Lucky Number 13

sorry, noob here, just to clarify, all I need to do to get my locker back is delete my .shipworld file before I log in ?

5. Nickrbts

Nickrbts Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for the fix, got my shiplocker back ;)

6. Tolerant

Tolerant Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, it is so, in case you don't have backup, you should delete shipworld file to restore ship.
    Be warned, it will be restored EMPTY(like on game beginning) -gather stuff you don't want to loose from your ship to character inventory.

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. YoAdrian

YoAdrian Lucky Number 13

ah ok, steam downloaded the first patch for me last night, but I backed up the 'player' and 'universe' folders before I launched the game , does that mean after I download this new patch that I can restore my locker?

Which file/s would I have to restore?

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

So, I guess I'll be the one to ask... what do these do, exactly? Given the context, I presume they're used to somehow avoid the "nil values are indistinguishable from absent keys" issue that wreaked all kinds of havoc this update, but I'm not yet aware of any modder-accessible Lua functions that would be affected by it, so it's hard to know when (or how) we should use them.

Speaking of Lua documentation...
    I don't want to sound impatient, but it's been almost a month since that post, and I know "soonish" doesn't necessarily mean "this year", but there's a number of new functions in Enraged Koala I'd prefer to not have to learn by trial and error, so I was kinda wondering if we're going to see this documentation any time ever soon. It doesn't even have to be finished (the old documentation certainly never was...), just give us whatever you've got and we'll make sense of it. We's smart.

I suppose while I'm here, I may as well ask if we can get support for multiple lua files in our .tech files (all the entities get scripts...). Or maybe just give us Lua's load function, since there's no harm in interpreting code on-the-fly, right? Actually, give us load anyway. We'll find a use for it.

By the way - the new container functions seem to return 1-based item lists and 0-based slot numbers, which seems kinda wonky. Can we expect that to abruptly change at some point?

Ugh, there's got to be a better place than this to babble about Lua questions...

9. Tolerant

Tolerant Void-Bound Voyager

You should restore all, player, shipworld and metadata, to get back your character and ship, and universe folder to make your explore universe, quests, codexes to be back. (you may start over with character, if you NOT copy universe folder)

10. YoAdrian

YoAdrian Lucky Number 13

You should restore all, player, shipworld and meta data. To get back your character and ship, and universe folder to make your explore universe, quests, coder's to be back. (you may start over with character, if you NOT copy universe folder)[/quote]

great thanks, I will just dump both folders back in then, I'm glad I took a backup - thanks for the help!

11. sniperium

sniperium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did not play for a while but very good :D. so I am going to play modless and see the pure awesomeness of the game now :p

12. Diodoron

Diodoron Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks alot! I did get everything back: ship locker, disappeared chests. ( Good thing I still had those backups)
    Do any of You have problems with extreme lag and/or interacting with objects taking really long? Or does this have anything to do with not starting a complete new character?
    And did anyone find out, if the magma/volcanic world jump problem still exists? I am using the Parallax Fix at the moment. Maybe not necessary anymore...

13. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hotfix 4 already - just wow... really lots of work you've done there. And working in the IT myself - I'd buy you a drink, if i could (to quote another nice game I like).

Maybe I'll get my stuff back, maybe not. But good to see that now there is a backup/restore feature to prevent future losses!

14. Kyasupah

Kyasupah Pangalactic Porcupine

Mmm... Still can't set a home world.. And if I try porting home, my guy just beams away, leaving me with an empty ship.

15. Sadeyx

Sadeyx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yay for playing Project Zomboid and missing all the Drama :)

RavenX and skydart like this.
  16. Kahlzarg

Kahlzarg Master Chief

Thanks for the patch guys, all working great.

I am sure its just me an unrelated, but in case its patch related, or happen for anyone else my server was giving me:
    "Error: UniverseServer: exception caught: IOException: Internal exception! block 501 missing free index block marker!"This required me to wipe my universe.chunks (which did not result in any lost universe)

Details on the issues & fix here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...orts-post-em-here.34302/page-265#post-1813889

Kittails likes this.
  17. Dottore

Dottore Space Hobo

Soll ja wohl mal ein ganz schlechter Witz sein...Alle Truhen und damit auch Inhalte weg! Ob nun Beta oder nicht, das ist ja mal ganz großer Schwachsinn! Vielen Dank, dass ich nun wieder stundenlang farmen darf!

18. Aeryn88

Aeryn88 Big Damn Hero

Thanks! good thing i made backups :D

19. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

:wtf:
    No german,please.
    This is an english forum.

20. Ciaran_D

Ciaran_D Zero Gravity Genie

Brilliant news! The only down side for me is I've been waiting for these much spoke of content updates which haven't arrived :(

I may need to start using mods to feed my thirst afterall....