1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Highest damage weapon you guys have found?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by AppleMaurader, Apr 19, 2015.

1. AppleMaurader

AppleMaurader Void-Bound Voyager

Yo recently started playing found a few legendary weapons hitting the low 800s and have yet to get anything higher, wondering how much damage some of the weapons you guys have found, w/o mods or that cheese.

tehPhunnee likes this.
  2. lazymaximus

lazymaximus Aquatic Astronaut

When you get into the highest tier of armor there's a melee hammer that hits for 1K+

3. lol00007

lol00007 Space Penguin Leader

Mine for the moment is 868 damage hammer.

4. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Since you said FOUND, I take it you mean not counting craftables. Anyway, probably one of those bone hammers. It did just under 1k
    damage, and now I don't use it since the Drumstick does just OVER 1k damage, and I've yet to find anything that actually does
    more damage than that. That, in my opinion, is the main problem with the random weapon system; perhaps it's out of fear of making
    the game unbalanced or something, but every time I arrive on a new tier world and find a really good weapon, I'm usually just moments
    away from crafting a preset weapon which is, statistically speaking, simply better.

Random finds are just never stronger than their current tier's craftable counterpart, so there's really no point in even bothering with them.
    Especially since in the nightly builds the electric weapons that USED to shoot lightning balls just...well...do absolutely nothing. They
    have a nice blue glowy swing effect, and for some reason when you do damage with them the number is blue instead of red, but they
    don't actually shoot stuff and they're utterly pointless.

5. luisldc

luisldc Void-Bound Voyager

2015-04-29_00002.jpg 2015-04-29_00001.jpg 10k.

i have a shield whithout descrition that multiplies damage done.
    i think this is a bug

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Lets see the stats.

7. Taich

Taich Tentacle Wrangler

I found a weapon called the gutterknife a while back that did 4500 but sadly I didn't take a screenshot of it and deleted my character during a relatively recent update. Any info on it would be nice

8. tehPhunnee

tehPhunnee Title Not Found

You are a very intelligent player. If one decides to craft their own weapons, they will eliminate 1 of the motivations to keep playing the game since crafted weapons are VASTLY superior to what you can find on planets. I play the same way too. I only craft the armors.

Great job buddy! :)