1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Here are the upcoming ship-updates

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Conir, Dec 18, 2013.

1. semetsu

semetsu Void-Bound Voyager

Personally I think they should just give us the engine backing and cockpit, then let us fill in the rest, maybe later in the game say... find a Spaceport hovering around a planet on the map, visit it and BAM, edit your own ship. Have rules in place of course... muse be fully closed or wont leave bay, etc.

GreatOldOne likes this.
  2. Teleport!

3. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

Crap... I just posted this. Did not know someone else did it first.

4. Heh, it's alright, it happens (I was just in your thread!). You could easily have a bit of a clan in the last two ship sizes. Hopefully they're a bit expensive to upgrade, they should be. Give us another reason to save our pixels.

5. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

Tiy has talked about a better nav system with savable coordinates besides your home.

6. tiitha

tiitha Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not bad but the shape looks like it could be improved. It should be more... ship shaped. :p

7. I sorta see what you're saying, the bottleneck before the cockpit, right?

8. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a way to add big windows? I want a cantina type area on my ship where my crew and I can relax and look down upon our impending/recent conquests!

9. TheHonorableGeneral

TheHonorableGeneral 2.7182818284590...

I like the expansions, but I feel like each race's expansions should be unique. The Floran ship should "grow" its expansion wings (to represent how it's moving away from simply being a stolen Apex ship to being a Floran one), the Glitch ship should symmetrically expand to appear like a floating castle, the Hylotl ship should "evolve" (fish -> bigger fish -> shark -> whale?), etc.

If they're all like the Human ship where it just grows bigger, I'll be disappoint. ):

Destroyer713, riseoflegends and Joker like this.
  10. KazeXenami

KazeXenami Void-Bound Voyager

They should add in the ability to have a docking port that you can open to suck out all inhabitants into the void of space, for some unwelcome wildlife, or just annoying cohabitants.

11. That would be really cool. I feel like they have an idea we want some more diversified ship options though, I saw Tiy looking at a few people's ship mods, like the minigrasshopper one or whatever that someone made as an alternative human starting ship. I think we'll get some standard stuff like this and probably some more special ship models eventually after more systems are fleshed out.

TheHonorableGeneral likes this.
  12. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

Also, this is just a hopeful aside, I really want for the Floran ship to grow more plant-y and Floran as it evolves, rather than just following the Apex evolution, with some vines/flowers on it.

13. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Space Penguin Leader

Caged areas to keep wildlife...or maybe riddick would be fun. Hell a jail cell you can place npcs in would add good bounty hunter type side quest, or a scientist looking for some specific creatures to study.

LuckyRare likes this.
  14. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

Oi you, watch it! Nothing of the sort was intended!

Nice avatar by the way. ^_^

15. asurakai

asurakai Subatomic Cosmonaut

whelp guess i really have no reason to build on a planet with a ship that big. never run out of space. honestly most of the space seems like it wasted

16. You could probably find a wall that looks similar to a cage?

GreatOldOne likes this.
  17. MiniKnog Agent

MiniKnog Agent Astral Cartographer

Me gusta.

:3

Though.... it makes building stuff on a planet even less useful.

18. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Space Penguin Leader

I have at penal colonies, I want a functioning prison/zoo to hold mobs and npcs in for bounty missions so to speak

19. Battle Attitude

Battle Attitude Master Chief

Thats awesome! But will we see these guns in action?

20. Archrandom

Archrandom Subatomic Cosmonaut

This pleases me,

Step One: Get bigger ship
    Step Two: Fill it full of livestock
    Step Three: Reenact the entire series of Firefly with the livestock as the crew.

We are making progress.

Destroyer713, SivCorp and XaoG like this.