Chat Hels Chatroom IV: Helen High Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

I dunno, I quite like rainy days. It clears up a lot of air pollution, so I always feel fresher the day after.

Jimlad 42 and Surenu like this.
  2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

The air is fine, I am fully with you on that one, and I also like rainy days in general. But I have been so busy recently that a rainy sunday, where all I do is pretty much sit at home, it's just... eh... I don't know where to put all my energy.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Omicron445

Ah, I getcha. Personally, I think a warm cup of tea or beverage makes that situation better by ten-fold, or maybe even trying to draw something. These are just some suggestions though, do whatever you feel like doing.

4. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I'd usually go for a walk, but my feet are aching. Guess I'll just go read a book later or something.

As someone who likes to stay in shape, being restricted in my movement by my own body feels like a disgrace >.<

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Sweet, I can call Luna, another forum goer in Clan Infinity!

Nirning guys and waffles.
    Nirning Valak.
    Nirnign Charlatan.
    Nirnign Surenu.
    Nirning EMag.
    Nirning Hidari.
    Nirnign Firepaw.
    Nirnign Milkcalf.
    Nirning Metaface.
    Nirning Blaze.
    Nirning Hel.

Omicron445 likes this.
  6. Omicron445

I mean, you could do exercises inside, but that's just not the same really. What books are you thinking about?

EDIT: Nirning Jim!

7. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I'm currently reading Sea of Poppys by Amitav Gosh. Pretty nice historical novel.

Jimlad 42 and Omicron445 like this.
  8. Omicron445

Nice! A quick google search for my uninformed brain tells me it's the beginning of a trilogy, do you have the other two?

9. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Unfortunately not (yet). Still, it's good to see a novel taking place in a different country than usual. Since my favorite authors (Terry Pratchett - Discworld; Stephen King - US East Coast; Sergei Lukianenko - Russia; Adler Olsen - Denmark) all have their favorite places, this is a nice change of pace.

10. Omicron445

That's a pretty diverse lineup of authors, anyone you'd recommend? I've been looking to read a little more nowadays.

11. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Depends on what you like. Terry Pratchett does satirical fantasy with a hilarious sense of humour - if you like dry british humour that is. Sergei Lukianenko does urban fantasy with a surprising outlook on how nigh-omnipotent entities deal with mundande problems while also saving the world - and themselves - from threats utterly incomprehensible to the human mind. Stephen King is called the "Master of Horror" for a reason. Adler Olsen writes extremely good criminal fiction.

Omicron445 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. Omicron445

I should take a look at some Adler Olsen then, sounds like something I might enjoy. Any specific books I should start with, or should I just explore his works myself?

13. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I started in the middle of his works myself. Just look for the first one I guess.

14. Omicron445

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I'll see if I can order any of his books soon, but if I can't find any of his works I'll try for Stephen King. Who knows, I might end up enjoying not sleeping at night.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Hmm... So my city centre is having a gay pride event.

I'm going but not for the gay pride. I am who I am I don't expect to have a parade or whatever for life choices.

Anyways I'll be back soon

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Omicron445

That's like going to a party just for the food. Mind you, that's something that I would do, so have fun!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

See you later Hel.
    Must... resist... randomly... shouting... favorite... author... name... and... looking... weird...
    Wait, why else would you go to a party?

Omicron445 likes this.
  18. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I'm not going there for it so its alright

Omicron445 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  19. Omicron445

Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing about your favorite author, go ahead! (Except with 100% less shouting por favor)

Also, I think you're supposed to go to parties to talk or something, it doesn't make much sense to me.

EDITERINO: Well Hel, I guess that's like accepting the invite, and going to the party next door. I can't do analogies.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.