Chat Hel's Chat Room of Off Topicness II: Helbound.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I think there are just too many people that don't see the gravity of bullying. It's subtle enough to go unnoticed. It's comparable to poison; one insult, punch or expression may seem small but a small amount daily can kill eventually. Not to mention tat a person weak from poison might succumb to other causes. It's not just the person suffering either. Who do you think school shooters where?

Jimlad 42, Parrotte and Surenu like this.
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

The shooters were the bullied if you ask me.

It's all a twisted world, so-called "strong" and "smart people bear down on the weak or bully up on loners.
    And said "weak" or "loners" are often pushed to horrible acts these idiot bullies never expected.

I generally keep my distance to such stupidity. Why bear down on the weak or defenseless? I'll quote a character called Kotarou Tennouji instead:
    "If something is broken, I want to fix it. If someone has a wound, I want to heal it. If I see someone crying, I want to cheer them up."

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  3. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

True, and the point about school shooters is pretty good. Though there are differences in all cases, bullying and isolation are present in the overwhelming majority of cases if I'm not mistaken, though mental issues also play a huge role.

But hey, according to our media overlords it's video games.

Jimlad 42 and MilkCalf like this.
  4. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

MFW so socially awkward that even bullies only talk to me once

5. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Many victims turn to bullying themselves to regain their control. So they are often the same.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Charlatan

Okay sorry but that made me laugh for a second, that is just impossibly awkward xD Are you sure about that?

Jimlad 42 and HueHuey like this.
  7. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

And if everyone thought the way you do we'd live in the aforementioned perfect world, which is something I'd like to see happening (although it's unlikely).

Although bullying can't be the only reason here. I mean, I ticked all the boxes for school shooters:
    • Bullied
    • Depression runs in the family (tho I fortunately only have a mild case)
    • Guns in household, also not properly stored
    • Violent video games
    • Bad grades
    • Broken household
    • Few friends
    And guess what, I didn't shoot up my school. There has to be more, but I'll leave that for smarter people than me to find out.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. HueHuey

Yep, i'm 100% sure i shot down a few attempts through sheer social inability in middle school
    They'd end up saying "forget it" or giving me/their friends weird looks.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Charlatan

*frowns* I kinda want to call nonsense. Your posts here are kinda fun, not antisocial :sparta:

Jimlad 42, HueHuey and MilkCalf like this.
  10. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Maybe it's a case of masks and personas again?

Jimlad 42, Surenu and Charlatan like this.
  11. KookyKeronian

KookyKeronian Parsec Taste Tester

Nice skipping school stories until we reached the b-word.
    I suffered from it, until I discovered a "survival tactic". This tactic was *dundundun*: ignore them OR (if I was in a specially good/mischievious mood) be as weird and effed up as you possibly can until they cringe and go away. Then I get sad and wonder the 90% thinks I'm a creep and doesn't talk to me, smh.

Jimlad 42 and Parrotte like this.
  12. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

I may be walking into a sarcasm bomb, but The Golden Rule I mean is, "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Simple and sweet.

Jimlad 42 and Charlatan like this.
  13. Charlatan

Yup, i've pretty much tried to be a mirror to people's behavior with some few mistakes, and usually giving them more leeway - rarely works out in real life tho ;)

Jimlad 42 and Dipdoo like this.
  14. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Everyone, stop what you're doing and look at this goat:

[​IMG]

15. HueHuey

It got better.
    I wasn't antisocial, just kinda offbeat. A lot of people don't understand my thought process enough to see through the weird.

wat

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Why need friends at school if you have friends on the internet.

I *NEED* my internet friends. All my classmates are so pants-on-head-retarded that the fact that they can cross the metro rail without getting ran over is a miracle in itself.

That about the metro rail is no joke either.

MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and KookyKeronian like this.
  17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I laughed WAY more then that deserved.

Anyway, Steins;gate fans, here's the abridged. (Hopefully they get more episodes soon.)

themushroomlord and Charlatan like this.
  18. Charlatan

Dont wait for more episodes.
    The Anime is like 8-10 hours, I was told.... I am already on over 80 hours on the VN....
    I was told the anime isnt worthwhile.
    The VN? Well I was disappointed and irritated at first, then, speechless.

EDIT: TBH watching that video already shows how inaccurate the anime and the english dub is
    Who wants to know the difference can ask me freely, btw.

Bottom line is, that anime is shallow, the original story is, well, hard to describe :cry:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Hmm. What length are animes usually? Shakugan no Shana episodes are 20 minutes, not counting the 5 minutes that intro and outro take, and tha feels painstakingly short at times, but it usually keeps a good tempo that has blown my mind with information at times.TV series' should be at least 30 minutes.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Charlatan

That is very different, depending on the anime. Some are really long, some super short, in any way, when fans described the length they usually skipped the intro after the first time.
    In any case I did not mean to oppose Jimlad, just to make clear: that VN is way, way, WAY better than the anime.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.