Modding Help HELPED - I can only access my modded weapons in admin mode and craft them that way.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by bob6784558, Sep 3, 2016.

1. bob6784558

bob6784558 Space Spelunker

I used and outdated tutorial and I have everything working ok but I can't craft them outside of admin mode.

Everything looks exactly the same but I still cant craft them, they don't show up in the menu unless i'm in admin mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

You need add this to player.config.patch:
    Code:
        { "op" : "add", "path" : "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-", "value" : { "item" : "YourItemName" } }
    Also, do you created a recipe to your item?
    Check your starbound.log too to see if you have errors in your mod.

3. bob6784558

Ok, thanks i'll try that.

4. bob6784558

And now the fun begins:

[18:35:17.882] [Error] OpenGL errors this frame: GL_INVALID_VALUE
    [18:35:23.064] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/testrifle.recipe, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/testrifle.recipe
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 4:3
    [18:35:23.124] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/testrevolver.recipe, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/testrevolver.recipe

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 4:3
    [18:35:23.970] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/testrifle.recipe: (AssetException) Error loading asset /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/testrifle.recipe
    [18:35:24.439] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/testrevolver.recipe: (AssetException) Error loading asset /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/testrevolver.recipe

[18:35:29.373] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[conduit, 199, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'conduit'
    [18:35:31.493] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[conduit, 199, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'conduit'

[18:35:32.722] [Error] Cannot set Steam achievement kill10poptops
    [18:35:32.723] [Error] Cannot set Steam achievement dismisscrewmember

And this is the player.config.patch:

{
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-",
    "value" : { "item" : "testrevolver", "testrifle", "testvector" }
    }

5. bob6784558

I'm not even mad at that.

6. bob6784558

The cool thing is if I rename the player.config.patch to player.patch I can play the game and use the weapons without crashing :D

7. bob6784558

I guess something is off here:

{
    "input" : [
    { "item" : "ironbar", "count" : 6 },
    ],
    "output" : {
    "item" : "testrevolver",
    "count" : 1
    },
    "groups" : [ "craftinganvil", "weapons", "all" ]
    }

8. bob6784558

4562 errors, well looks like i'm done for today.

9. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

First, don't spam to much and second i find some errors:
    " /recipes/anvil1/weapons/teir1/", you misspelled tier1, is "tier1" not "teir1"
    in the recipe you have an extra comma, it should look like this(i fix it):
    Code:
    {
    "input" : { "item" : "ironbar", "count" : 6 },
    "output" : {"item" : "testrevolver","count" : 1},
    "groups" : [ "craftinganvil", "weapons", "all" ]
    }
    For the player.config:
    1.- Create a .txt file and open it.
    2.- Copy and paste this:

Code:
    [
    { "op" : "add", "path" : "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-", "value" : { "item" : "testrevolver" } }
    ]

3.- Choose the option "Save as..." and save your file and name it player.config.patch.
    4.-If you do it right, the file only should say "player.config" and it will have type of file "patch" if you are in windows.

10. bob6784558

Sorry for the spam, and I fixed my issue. All I had to do was place brackets like you did but have a comma after them. Also found some spelling errors like "testniperrifle" and that should have been "testsniperrifle".

Thanks for your help!